Search results

1. M

Egg Beater

Was at a local flea market and found a pristine Miller Falls egg beater drill. Happy day.
  2. M

Bora 4x8 centipede support.

Brand new Bora Centipede 4x8. Used once. Did not work for my purpose. Folding saw horses worked better. $125
  3. M

Christmas Gifts

I have been away from the forum for many years. Trying to get back in the spirit of woodworking. These were made in remembrance of my good friend Randy.
  4. M

YouTube Woodworking

Does anyone watch the woodworking people who post on YouTube for new project ideas? What is your favorite? Also if you do why does the PVA white glue used in some foreign countries look like the icing for cinnamon rolls?
  5. M

Stanley No. 813 Brace

I have lost my jaws and retaining spring in my Stanley No. 813 10 inch brace during my move. Does anyone know where I can buy these parts? Thanks
  6. M

Axiom AR8 PRO V5

I retired a few months ago and also moved in April and am in the process of setting up my shop in the new basement. I have an Axiom CNC due to deliver this week and look forward to diving in. My main focus is guitar and home audio woodworking. Would like to hear other fellow NC woodworkers...
  7. M

Dead Porter Cable pancake compressor

I have a dead Porter Cable pancake compressor that blows breakers when it is plugged in. First person who wants it and can pick it up they can have it. Might be an easy fix. My office is off Griffith rd in Winston Salem.
  8. M

New Cyclone need ductwork

I have just purchased a new 3HP portable cyclone dust collector and have a question regarding my hose attachment options. The cyclone has an 8" diameter input and I will be using it on one machine at a time, moving it as needed. My question is what are my best options for dust collector flex...
  9. M

Workbench Skirt Question.

I am to the point I need to start working on the skirt for my workbench. I want to put a skirt on all four sides. I noticed on Montys he bolted the ends to the top to allow for expansion. If I want to skirt all four sides how do I allow for end expansion when all four corners are locked? Is...
  10. M

Picnic

I am sorry I missed the picnic. I had my sites set on meeting everyone and had taken the day off from my normal Sat. commitments. I was feeling a little yuck on Friday afternoon and I woke up Sat. morning with what felt like the full blown flu. I started feeling some better Sat. afternoon only...
  11. M

My experience with a Tormek. PLEASE READ

I purchased a Tormek and several jigs from Hartville Tool when they had all the special offers going on. When I received the Tormek I went through all the setup routines and proceeded to sharpen a plane iron. Well no matter how hard I tried I could never get it to grind a square edge. I noticed...
  12. M

Plane experience.

Just wanted everyone to know Tarhead (Mark) officially converted me to the joys of hand tools. I had played around with an old #5 Stanley that was my Grandfathers but never actually appreciated what a hand plane can do. Mark and his wife stopped by my house Sunday evening on his way through WS...
  13. M

Planer or cyclone?

Ok everyone I am asking for more advice here. I currently have a Dewalt DW735 planer and have been looking at the Grizzly G0453. I like the Dewalt except for the miserable wear you get on the blades. With just being a home hobbyist should I even think about the Grizzly or should I spend the...
  14. M

Workbench Trestle Base

Ok I am using up all my requests for advice in a short period of time so here goes another. I think with everyones advice and Johns offer to run my workbench top through his belt sander I might have that issue resolved. My question now is this....I have 2 very large slabs of 8/4 maple for my...
  15. M

I need help, Workbench blues

Well I have found out the workbench I was given the top is not flat. If you go to my album and look at the pics it is a maple laminated top. If you run your hand over it it feels like the ocean <waves>. The laminate sections were not leveled. How would you flatten this top for workbench use? I...
  16. M

Iwf 2006

Anyone thinking about going to the International Woodworking Fair in Atlanta at the end of August? This looks like the ultimate place for anyone with "Woodguy Disease". Just better take out that 2nd mortgage before you go. Let me know if anyone is thinking of going. Here is a link...
  17. M

Formal Introduction / New Member

I am a little late introducing myself here at NC Woodworker. I have made several posts but have never formally introduced myself. My name is Marty Baucom and I live just outside Winston Salem on the Lexington side. I got started in woodworking when I was in my teens by my interest in home audio...
  18. M

Help with my workbench

I was very fortunate that my Uncle gave me an old table he has had for years. It is 84" x 36" x 1 3/4" thick solid maple. As it is now it is way too low for me as a woodworking workbench and I am vertically challenged. My call for help is, should I scrap the whole base and legs and build a...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS