Search results

1. J

Candle Box

I had a slab of 8/4 mahogany left over from a bar project and had a friends wedding plus my wedding anniversary to make gifts for. I chose to make a somewhat traditional candle box. I added a flame maple sliding lid to liven things up a bit. There were a few firsts for me with this project...
  2. J

Can't Beat Thomas

I took a shot at the Book Box from the Joiner and Cabinet Maker. I believe Thomas had 6 hours to complete this project. I wasn't even close. It was an interesting project with lots and lots of clenched nails. Also, the idea of marking square on the bottom boards and nailing the sides on before...
  3. J

First Handtool Project - Small Tool Chest

It has been a while since I posted anything. Truth be told I haven't finished anything in a long time. This is my first project that was completed 100% with hand tools. No electrons were killed in the construction of this project. I started this back in mid-July during a week long woodworking...
  4. J

Looking for 4/4 and 5/4 Rough Pine in the Triangle Area

Does anyone know a good source for rough pine in the Triangle area? I've caught the hand tool bug and I am planning on doing the 3 "apprentice" projects from The Joiner and Cabinet Maker. I've tried Capitol City Lumber so far and they only had Sugar Pine at about $7/bf. Ideally I'd like to...
  5. J

Long Time Lurker...

...First Time Poster Hi I'm Joe. I moved to Cary a little over a year ago with my wife and 3 kids (2 boys 6&4, 1 girl 2). Now that my daughter is a little older and my wife is getting more sleep I am hoping to get back to real woodworking. Most of my woodworking over the past few years has...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS