Search results

1. M

Hand Plane Workshop

I responded earlier, but didnt mention that Oct would work for me.
  2. M

Hand Plane Workshop

Count me in!
  3. M

klingspore in raliegh?

They are open on Sundays. I was just there last Sunday. Matt
  4. M

The Anarchist's Tool Chest

Hehehe...I agree with the cost part, but he does try to convince readers to go the vintage route to help with cost. I am about half-way through the book as well and have been on the fence about buying the DVD. Any insight if you would by the DVD again now that you read the book? Matt
  5. M

Wood Species

I really appreciate every ones suggestions. Its exactly what I have been looking for. The 'Yep, Its Wood' piece had me laughing out of my chair! Thanks Matt
  6. M

Wood Species

I have been looking around for a good book on how to identify wood species. I have found a couple books, but they seem to be more academic. I was hoping that it would discuss identifying by analyzing the grain as well as leaf patterns. Any suggestions? Matt
  7. M

Any advise in purchasing/ setting up a VFD?

I just went through this recently with some of my older equipment. I wanted to make sure I left myself enough head room for larger HP machines. I ended up going with a 7.5HP RPD for a number of reasons. I think if you are never going to run over 2-3HP then a VFD might be fine. I just felt...
  8. M

Anniversary sale @ Woodcraft

I was up there today and grabbed a few Bessey clamps at 15% off. Good deal or at least I kept telling my self that :gar-Bi Matt
  9. M

Edge sander restoration COMPLETE

Re: restoration in progress: edge sander Great pic! Keep them coming. Matt
  10. M

Need some helping hands!

Holy smokes! I think I know someone that has some gas money :gar-Bi Ill send you a PM shortly. Matt
  11. M

Need some helping hands!

Based on the feedback from this thread and what I have read on the OWWM site. It appears that a roll-back would be the best approach. Rather than go down the list of tow companies or others, anyone have a good lead on a company to use? Matt
  12. M

Need some helping hands!

Something like this as a trolley: http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200460664_200460664?cm_sp=Upsells-_-Top%20Sellers-_-Product%20Page http://www.hoistsdirect.com/harrington_push_trolley.htm And then use a standard chain hoist.
  13. M

Need some helping hands!

I wanted to run an idea by you guys. I have a very large steel I-Beam that runs through the center of my garage to carry the load for the floors above. I'll see if I can post a picture of it this evening. When I finished out the garage I intentionally did not sheet rock over it with the idea...
  14. M

Need some helping hands!

Good catch Tom. Shane has done some amazing work over the years. I ended up falling into this deal in search of some other items. Transaction worked out great so far...except for the shipping costs! The machine was fully crated, so I hope that will hold up any on/off loads between trucks. I...
  15. M

Need some helping hands!

I have recently purchased a 1912 18" Crescent Planer to add to my workshop. The long and the short of it is Im looking for some help. Here are some the pics....I got to admit I do drool every time I see them! I have been trying to figure out the best way to get it from the freight...
  16. 1912 18" Crescent Planer

1912 18" Crescent Planer

17. 1912 18" Crescent Planer

1912 18" Crescent Planer

18. M

Brown Poplar?

Incredible work Tim! I hope to have a place like that up at the farm some day. matt
  19. M

That guy that asks a lot of questions.

Welcome to the forum! Matt
  20. M

Planer

All good advice on this thread. I have a DeWalt 735, the finish it produces is pretty incredible. It has a rough cut and fine cut mode. It essentially changes the cutter head speed to increase the number of cuts at the same feed rate. I also have a jointer and really cant imagine not having...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors