Hand Plane Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Please be aware that the Klingspor Extravaganza in Hickory is Oct 21 and 22.

If you plan to attend please don't sign up for the Oct workshop. If you already have and can't make it due to plans to attend Klingspor then let us know in the other thread here.

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40633

We still have openings for November and if needed I will schedule an additional workshop so that no one is inconvenienced.

Thank you all for the great participation, support and enthusiasm. :icon_thum

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
I'm still in for the 22nd and I'll try and remember to bring the two block planes that I built.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Good, be prepared to give a short talk on wood planes. I know nothing about them.

If you mean me, I'd be happy to but not sure how much I will be able to add, I'm just learning myself. I can demonstrate the use of them for sure and let anyone who wants to try them out have a turn at them.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
If you mean me, I'd be happy to but not sure how much I will be able to add, I'm just learning myself. I can demonstrate the use of them for sure and let anyone who wants to try them out have a turn at them.

Kevin I'd be interested in your experience building the planes. What went right, what you'd do different next time, etc. Also would like to try one of them out.

Bill

meredj

Jesse
Corporate Member
Been out of town for a week, just got back, I would be interested in the Nov.12th date..

Tim Sherwood

Tim
Corporate Member
What a great idea. I have 2 flea market finds I have attempted to revive. One Stanley now works pretty well. I got my parts from Highland Hardware. But the other , a Sargent, is a big disappointment. I have a feeling it was "assembled" from more than one tool. I can make either date mentioned.

bwat

New User
Bill
Thanks Mike! Work too often gets in the way of my advance planning. I will do my best to make the class but cannot confirm until we get closer to the date. I'm looking forward to a tour of Bill's shop.:icon_thum

I would like to be put down for the one in Nov if their is still room.... also has anyone though about holding one of these during the klingspor show in hickory

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I'll list you in the Nov class.

No, hadn't thought of that. Hadn't been invited. Wouldn't presume such. Thought that was all about new power tools. Guess I'll have to go see what it's all about someday.

The two tool shows I have been to didn't seem to be hand tool friendly nor old tool restoration friendly. They were "high production, big shop machinery" sales oriented. Figured this would be the same so never bother going.

DanR

New User
Dan
Mike,
I just got a call. I have to go out of town for work the weekend of October 22nd. Can I switch to November please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS