Search results

1. S

Advice/Suggestions on project needed

a tapered sled on an indexed lathe and a router could be one option but a bandsaw and some hand tools is probably the easiest method I can think of. cut one piece off and tape it back on then rotate the part and repeat. you may need an angled sled to hold the piece as you push it thru
  2. S

Workbench Top Question

I would make a torsion box if I was going to use MDF. I have one on my assembly table and you can pound on it all you want and it won't go anywhere. If I had it to do over I'd add support inside for bench dogs and a vise but its not a bench its an assembly table - although I use it more than my...
  3. S

DeWalt Tracksaw Track Clamps

BTW I have those clamps and use them on my festool tracks - work perfectly.
  4. S

Bandsaw Problems - Wavy Cut When Resawing

All of this is based on what Micheal Fortune says to do...for the drift I would first start by moving the blade backward or forward on the tire. you may think its centered but it may not be 100% or your blade may not really want to be centered. Assuming your blade is not defective, it should...
  5. S

DiaSharp questions

It was recommended to me by Garret Hack to get the course (325) to use a flattening stone for my shaptons. Works great BUT I would get the 10" for that. I got the 8 and will probably end up with the 10". The problem I have with the 8" is, and this is an assumption, that there is an area on...
  6. S

Freud Premier Adjustable Rail and Stile Router Bit - ISSUES

I contacted Freud and while the say they've never heard of it they agreed to replace the set. Have to decide now if I'll keep it or return the replacement. I'm just not sure I trust that it will not slip in the future. I can't understand why they didn't put keys on the shaft to stop them from...
  7. S

Freud Premier Adjustable Rail and Stile Router Bit - ISSUES

This isn't so much a review (YET) as a post looking for anyone using this router bit system. I bought this to make 8 Doors for a built in bookshelf and I got all the rails done and on about the 14th stile I noticed I was missing the profile on the outside edge. At first I assumed the router...
  8. S

Looking for Painter in Holly Springs Area

I'm looking for a painter to spray 2 built in bookcases (one on either side of a fireplace). Anyone know anyone good, honest and reliable? Hard to find that today! Thanks Steve
  9. S

Making Adjustable Shelves with a Router

I've posted a new blog entry and a YouTube! video about making adjustable shelves with a router. Check it out if you're interested. Thanks Steve http://www.TheDustyDeveloper.com
  10. S

Need a table saw alignment tool

if you've got calipers these are cool and cheap. Mag-Dro® Mitre Slot Base - Rockler Woodworking Tools
  11. S

Jet 12" "K-body" type clamps on sale at Amazon

Shipping has occured much faster than they said. My 24's will be here today and the 40's will be here next week. In fact, the 24's shipped yesterday with an estimate of tomorrow but its been moved up to today. Basically overnight shipping! Always fun when the brown truck shows up...I know...
  12. S

New TS with pics. I like it

no problem Cato - thats the exact saw I have and those pictures bring back memories. Couple other notes: the Lee Craft zero clearance inserts work pretty well but I don't care for the actual Jet dado insert. it's not flat and the paint is rubbing off. I just picked up a new lee craft insert...
  13. S

Garrett Hack coming to TWA on Friday. A few workshop spots still available

I was there as well and it was awesome. I've been wanted to take a week long or two class with him but haven't. This was a good option and worth every penny. I hope he comes back. Thanks to Allen for hosting as well.
  14. S

Bookcase Design Question

Here's an image - its the shelf above the tv I'm concerned about.
  15. bookcasedesign

bookcasedesign

16. S

Bookcase Design Question

thanks - those are some good ideas. To explain a little better, the shelf I want to double up will not hold the tv. that will be supported by the base cabinets. the shelf I want to double up is above the tv and will hold nicknaks or books etc. and ultimately be the base for two selves about it.
  17. S

Bookcase Design Question

A buddy of mine wants me to build him 2 built in bookcases. One will have two columns of approx 28" shelfs while the other one will have a large open area for a 55" tv, a full width (~56") shelf above the tv and then from there its splits into 2 columns of shelves. 2 questions related to the...
  18. S

Oops now I have gone and done it!! Ordered a Jet table saw

Jim - you got a great deal on that. I talked Tom a few times about mine and I know he like this saw a lot - "downgraded" from a pm2000 50" Bob - I didn't put any plywood under the saw but that's a good idea. I also got mine at tools-plus and it came very quickly. The driver probably won't...
  19. S

Oops now I have gone and done it!! Ordered a Jet table saw

I have this saw - I can measure it for you in a bit. I ordered the shop fox heavy duty mobile base and it works pretty well. The shop fox has two screws that you turn and it pick the saw up off the wheels so it won't move anymove. The handles are small and bite your hand - like a crappy...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS