Oops now I have gone and done it!! Ordered a Jet table saw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cato

New User
Bob
Yep, I did it. If any of you guys have the Jet Xacta Deluxe, let me know what the base
dimensions are and what mobile base you might recommend.

Got a wild hair I suppose, because I have been reasonably happy or thought I was anyway with my Rigid R4511.

Nope hadn't been drinking or anything, just knew that the yearly sale was on for the Jet and Powermatic equipment, thought about it for a bit
and surprised myself by ordering a new table saw.

Now I have to run a 220 circuit, get a mobile base ordered, and figure out how to shuffle some equipment around so

that I can do my favorite thing, assemble equipment!!

Not under the illusion that I will be a better woodworker for it, but been awhile since I had a major equipment update. Like over a year!

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Congratulations!

l looked long and hard at the Jet Xacta Deluxe when I was in the market for a new saw. I sure does look like a lot of machine for the $$.

Cato

New User
Bob
Mark- Thanks, looking forward to when it gets here, but hate having to go through all the set up stuff.

Rich- ordered it last Saturday while it was still on sale.

Semmons23

New User
Steve
I have this saw - I can measure it for you in a bit. I ordered the shop fox heavy duty mobile base and it works pretty well. The shop fox has two screws that you turn and it pick the saw up off the wheels so it won't move anymove. The handles are small and bite your hand - like a crappy tension handle on a bandsaw. I'd probably get the jet if I had to do it all over again but I also can say that I've never moved it but its a nice option to have. Pretty sure tom hintz at newwoodworker.com shows the jet base in his review of the jet deluxe.

Both are adjustable I think so you shouldn't have a problem but I can measure it.

FYI - I used a 4x4 just behind the palette, walked it onto the 4x4 and tipped it up just a little. My wife yanked the pallete out and put the base under the saw. Then I set the front on the base and walked it off the 4x4 - worked great. Actually I may have used some 3/4" ply and the 4x4 - can't recall. Not as scary as I though - or as heavy.

FlyingRon

Ron
I ordered both the JET JJP-12HH and the JET universal base. The pair arrived in the local freight terminal in three days.
You'll be sawing by next week I imagine in.

The JET base seems nice and should adjust for your saw.

Cato

New User
Bob
Steve, thanks for the info and the tip with the 4x4. That will come in handy. I looked at the shop fox base and it looks nice, but ended up ordering the jet mobile base on amazon this morning.
Appreciate the measurement too. Did you put 3/4 ply in the Shop Fox base??

I think I kind of need to put a piece or two to raise the saw for my outfeed.

Getting a bit excited over this new purchase. CS at Tools Plus said that Jet and Powermatic ship from Tenn. and usually ship within 72 hrs. just finished trimming a large branch over the driveway so I can get the driver as close to the garage doors with his lift gate as I can.

Cato

New User
Bob
I ordered both the JET JJP-12HH and the JET universal base. The pair arrived in the local freight terminal in three days.
You'll be sawing by next week I imagine in.

The JET base seems nice and should adjust for your saw.

Thanks Ron, I did order the Jet base this morning, as I will need it before much assembly can be done.

hymie123

Jim
Corporate Member
I just picked up a used Jet Xacta Deluxe last week from Tom Hintz. You'll love this saw. I've only used mine a couple of times last week but it is a real improvement over my older contractor saw. The Jet mobile base is also very nice, stable and moves around the garage well.

Semmons23

New User
Steve
Jim - you got a great deal on that. I talked Tom a few times about mine and I know he like this saw a lot - "downgraded" from a pm2000 50"

Bob - I didn't put any plywood under the saw but that's a good idea. I also got mine at tools-plus and it came very quickly. The driver probably won't drive in your driveway unless he has to - too much weight on the truck. He was nice enough to wheel it right into my garage even though he wasn't suppose to.

Here's a BIG tip (at least I think so :) ) - call them ahead of time at southern transport or whomever they use and make sure you tell them you need lift gate. They didn't realize I would need that even though I requested it up front. This cost me a couple days becuase they had to reschedule the delivery. Seemed like they only have 1 lift gate truck or something. I'd call as soon as you get the lading slip from tools plus.

Cato

New User
Bob
Jim - you got a great deal on that. I talked Tom a few times about mine and I know he like this saw a lot - "downgraded" from a pm2000 50"

Bob - I didn't put any plywood under the saw but that's a good idea. I also got mine at tools-plus and it came very quickly. The driver probably won't drive in your driveway unless he has to - too much weight on the truck. He was nice enough to wheel it right into my garage even though he wasn't suppose to.

Here's a BIG tip (at least I think so :) ) - call them ahead of time at southern transport or whomever they use and make sure you tell them you need lift gate. They didn't realize I would need that even though I requested it up front. This cost me a couple days becuase they had to reschedule the delivery. Seemed like they only have 1 lift gate truck or something. I'd call as soon as you get the lading slip from tools plus.

Thanks for the tip on that. I just assumed that they would send the liftgate because I asked for it. Would have not given it another thought.

I will make sure I call the transport company when I get the lading slip. Heck who wouldn't need a liftgate on a residential delivery?

joekwon80

New User
joe
Hey that's awesome man. I'm having an electrician come friday or saturday and install a 6 space subpanel for me to run my new/old unisaw.(fingers crossed it runs, CL find) It's kinda ridiculously expensive to get the stuff run so I'm having him just install the subpanel and I'll run the wiring myself. Saves me about 2 hours worth of electrician labor rates.

Good luck with the new saw!

--Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS