New TS with pics. I like it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cato

New User
Bob
Table saw came Friday afternoon. Driver was very kind and pulled the pallet up the driveway and into the garage for me.

Jet did a good job packing the saw and its components.
IMG_1109.jpg

Saturday unpacked the saw and ran the electrical circuit for it. Put it on a Jet mobile base.
IMG_1127.jpg

Sunday I did the assembly of wings, rails, etc. all went well just takes a while to check miter slot alignment and so forth.

Everything was very close from the factory, but you gotta check anyway. Really only had to tweak the fence a tad and adjust the riving knife.

IMG_1143.jpg

So all was done really except those little storage hooks on the side for the fence, but I will get those on later.

Fired it up before dinner was ready and cut a piece of 4/4 mahogany that had been jointed and planed.

Saw cuts very smooth and just hums along. Think I am going to like it a lot. Thanks for looking.

T

toolferone

Awesome! The table saw is the main tool in my shop. That Jet will serve you well for a looooooong time. I hope you put a good blade on it too. Of course we all know how I feel about good saw blades :)

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Pretty Cool - it's not everyday you get to see a new TS setup in someones shop - usually they are like 20 years old. I hope you get many years of service out of yours

Cato

New User
Bob
Thanks guys, this was definitely a nice present to myself.

You guys can appreciate the excitement of a new tool in your shop.

The wife came down and looked at it last night and said. "I'm glad you like it,it looks different from your old tablesaw", and went back upstairs. Love her to death but no understanding men's love of their machines.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Are you saying we're cheap? :rolleyes:

Corn-grats o the new TS, Cato.

No what I was trying to say is TS's last a while and unless you outgrow one then you just keep on cutting with it for many many years.

But since you brought it up... By nature wood workers are frugal adj 1. practicing economy; living without waste; thrifty.

It's at the heart of wood working in general - Raw materials shaped with steel. I wouldn't say we are cheap, we are frugal :) which is not a bad thing. Shoot I'm using some of my old stacking sticks right now for garden stakes - why waste good wood... there ain't no sense in that now is there?

Speaking of TS's I need a new self stick rule on mine it's worn so bad I can't read it in many spots. Any Idea where I can get a good one cheap? :gar-La;

Last edited:

Cato

New User
Bob
Wanted to give thanks to Tom Hintz and Semmons23,Steve, on advice they gave me on my new saw. It was very helpful.

No thanks to Hymie for buying Tom's Jet saw and costing me a few extra dinero getting the new one.:)

Just kidding Hymie, now we both have new toys to make sawdust and mistakes with!!

hymie123

Jim
Corporate Member
Cato, you need to place all the blame on my wife. She got tired of me staring at the saw on Tom's site and said "would you just buy the darn thing and quit looking at it"! if she hadn't given me that nudge I'd be wondering who bought that saw? I kinda got the same reaction as you when I brought the saw home....My wife said "so this one is white and your old one was blue...I think white looks nice". I love her to death but we don't share the same affection for machinery.

Semmons23

New User
Steve
no problem Cato - thats the exact saw I have and those pictures bring back memories.

Couple other notes: the Lee Craft zero clearance inserts work pretty well but I don't care for the actual Jet dado insert. it's not flat and the paint is rubbing off. I just picked up a new lee craft insert at WoodCraft and its now red instead of white which I like better. I would also get the small riving knife for those times when you can't keep the blade guard on.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS