Search results

1. A

Tool Gloat

I'm sure that LN (or any bench manufacturer) can build a bench better than I can. I bought some wood in 2003 to build a bench.
  2. A

Tool Gloat

* 8 foot bench, 4 inch trestle legs
  3. MVC-004F1

MVC-004F1

4. MVC-001F3

MVC-001F3

5. MVC-002F1

MVC-002F1

6. MVC-003F1

MVC-003F1

7. A

Any Tips on Turning with Carbide Insert Tools?

Mike, I've been using easy wood tools about 2 years. The tool needs to be level. Approach the item you are turning very slowly, as it will gouge into the work very quickly. Keep the tool rest about 1/2 inch from the work. Hope you enjoy using them.
  8. A

Heat and Cooling my workshop

I have a 20' X 32' well insulated shop. I found a YMGI spilt unit with heat and ac. 24,000 BTU ac, 18000 heat I paid $1800 18 months ago. Some of the name brands or a lot more expensive. I bought it online, free shipping. I don't remember the name. I did a dogpile or google search. I live in...
  9. A

Need inexpensive windows for tree fort

Hey, My neighbor used some storm windows. He found some real cheap. Just a thought.
  10. A

Mdf vs. Baltic Birtch

I like Baltic birch because it seems to be moisture tolerant than MDF, and MDF sawdust can cause cancer, so I steer away from it.
  11. A

Wood supplier near Ft Bragg?

There is Elliots sawmill near Sanford. there is a crossroad on hiway 1 south of Sanford. Hardees is on one corner. Turn west at that intersection and its 4.3 miles from there. He is there on weekends only. good luck
  12. A

Mandolin build...

I would like to mention something. I think you need a slow growth spruce for the top. Good luck
  13. A

Classified

How do you show a classified ad as sold? Thanks
  14. A

Generic Kreg Screws???

The only problem with Mcfeelys is the screws are not made in the USA. I don't mind a few cents more to keep jobs in the USA.
  15. A

QS Red Oak and Black walnut ply source?

Wall Lumber in Mayodan, NC, may be a good place. I know they have walnut ply.
  16. A

Fayetteville group meet

I will try to be there.
  17. A

New Lathe, New Chisel - tear out?

I use EWT tools and they are very good. You may have the tool rest too far away from the work. Make sure to folow EWTs suggestion about the tool being level to the floor and flat on the tool rest.
  18. A

Big turning

Very nice!
  19. A

another segmented bowl

a another View image in gallery style of segmented bowl. Gotha6, i decided to use wipe-on polyurethane on this one. Ha! Ha!
  20. A

segmented bowl

Thanks to all that commented. I have to thank "The Segmenter" on you tube for his great explanations of building a segmented bowl. This bowl is 5" high, the top diameter is 6" and the bottom ring is 3". All the rings are 12 segments. The bottom ring has a 5/8" hole that is filled with a dowel...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS