Search results

1. manfre

Jet JJP-10BTOS Won't turn on

The microswitch for the dust chute was not being fully depressed. It's running again! Thanks Ron!
  2. manfre

No indication from the machine itself. I haven't started to open it up and check it with a meter. I checked the reset button on the front, but will check that the dust switch.
  3. manfre

My jointer/planer won't turn on. It sat unused for many months and was working the last time I used it. So far I've confirmed the safety tab is sitting properly. Any suggestions on what to check next?
  4. manfre

12" x 48" birch plywood?

If the plywood was from this thread, it's 1/4" thickness.
  5. manfre

1/2" A36 steel plate

I don't want a wood fired oven. It's a lot of time and effort to use a wood fired oven to make 1 or 2 pizzas. I sold my charcoal grill for a similar reason; 30 minutes to cook 1 burger and waste a lot of coals.
  6. manfre

1/2" A36 steel plate

I picked up a 18" x 17.5" x 3/8" piece of steel for $40 from Fabco, located near downtown Cary. Got it for material cost because it was a leftover piece from another job. It has been cleaned and seasoned. After turning off the oven, the steel was 390F. Three hours later, it only dropped down to...
  7. manfre

1/2" A36 steel plate

Thicker steel has more thermal mass allowing for baking more pizzas back to back. The thermal differences that are important relate to how quickly it gets hot and reheats between each pie, and how quickly it transfers the heat from the steel to the pie. I understand that this will be a very...
  8. manfre

1/2" A36 steel plate

The three main things I've read about people using are steel, kiln shelf (corderite), and ceramic tiles. It seems to depend on pizza style and the temperature of their ovens. The only local pottery supply store that sells kiln shelves that I've been able to find is on the far side of Durham.
  9. manfre

1/2" A36 steel plate

The steel will be cleaned and then seasoned, so rust shouldn't be too much of a problem. From my limited understanding, A36 is chosen because of its cost and also its better thermal properties.
  10. manfre

1/2" A36 steel plate

I'm looking for a piece of 1/2" A36 steel plate anywhere from 16" x 16" to 18" x 18". I know how to source it online, but the shipping costs more than the steel and I prefer supporting local whenever possible. I've been dabbling with making a better NY style pizza and supposedly steel plate will...
  11. manfre

Northern or HF wants me to have a 50' retractable Hose Reel

The air hose and extension cord reels from HF are very hit or miss. I've used both types of reels from HF. There isn't anything inherently wrong with the design or construction, but you get the quality you pay for. The biggest issue is the low QA standards that result in a higher percentage...
  12. manfre

Recommend a plumber please

They're not the cheapest, but I've found them to do quality work and are honest.
  13. manfre

Brownbagging a mitersaw stand

It should, as long as it has holes big enough for the mounting bolts. The front bolt hole can shift left/right a little bit and the back bolt hole can slide front to back a lot. If you (or anyone else) can't find documentation stating your SCMS fits, send me a PM to arrange a time to bring it...
  14. manfre

Of course! How else would I match the color scheme? Bought from Home Depot. I just noticed that it's a bagged lunch cheaper when bought online than at the store. Oh well, small price to pay for not having to wait. Amazon also has it. Floor to stand bed is 33". Floor to saw bed is 38 3/8". At...
  15. manfre

I used to go out for lunch almost every work day. I decided to start packing lunch and saving about $10 per day. These savings quickly added up to a gloat load of money. Gone are the days of me having to move and assemble a makeshift work surface, or using my miter saw on the floor.
  16. manfre

Tool Gloat

I think many of us buy a bench because it does a better job of holding wood than the imaginary bench we haven't gotten around to building yet. To Do List 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 - Build Workbench Order Workbench
  17. manfre

Everybody OK ??

My wife called in for the permit and the lady was amazingly helpful. She expedited the process and got us a same day inspection before the application was even approved. Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  18. manfre

Everybody OK ??

I lost power at 5am yesterday and didn't get it restored until 4pm today. Fun fact, you need a permit for the power company to reconnect service after any changes to the power meter or mast.
  19. manfre

How does it go ? Snooze and you lose Updated 3-3-15

Re: How does it go ? Snooze and you lose Thanks, I appreciate the effort. If you can't, no worries.
  20. manfre

Everybody OK ??

My neighborhood lost power at 5am when branches started falling on power lines. An explosion with a bright flash right outside my window makes an effective alarm clock. My neighborhood has power, but my house is still dark because a falling pine tree branch ripped the power mast off of my house...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS