Search results

1. S

Cedar source needed

Any recommendations on a good source for cedar near the charlotte/rock hill area? Looking to start a pergola project.
  2. S

Miter saw station help

I am redoing m miter saw station to move it and make more usable space underneath. I plan on putting my jointer under it. If I remove the fence it stands at 33" with the mobile base. With the fence and upper handle I would have a really tall station. Anyone see any issues with just removing the...
  3. S

Walnut (lincolnton)

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/mat/2281018554.html 3 inches to 8 inches Wide up to 11 feet Long by 1 inch to 1 1/2 inches Thick and 4 inches to 10 inches Wide by 6 feet to 14 feet Long by 1 inch Thick depending on the board, 5 inches to 10 inches Wide up to 15 feet Long by 2 inches to...
  4. S

Ridgid drill press $179 at HD

Was in HD in Gastonia today and I always walk through the tools in a HD incase somethings on sale. I noticed the drill press a week or so ago marked down to about $254, now its $179. I took the one they had home.
  5. S

HF link belt

Anyone use the link belt from harbor freight? http://www.harborfreight.com/vibration-free-link-belt-43771.html If so what do think of it?
  6. S

Electrician needed

I need an electrician before to long to add some outlets in my garage. Its something I just don't really feel comfy doing myself. Anyone know of someone in the Charlotte area or near that wouldn't kill me on the costs and knows what they are doing?
  7. S

Cheap dust collector

I'm pretty sure this is the 1hp mini dust collector HF sells for $99. Might work ok with a small shop if you can find a decent bag. HF lists the bag it comes with at 35 microns.
  8. S

Drill press with laser, useful?

I have not used a drill press with a laser before. Are the really useful or more of a gimmick?
  9. S

Need a piece of scrap walnut

I need a piece of scrap walnut, just big enough to make a knife handle for this gut hook folder I have been working on forever. About 2"x6"x1/2" or so would work. Or if someone some other type thats dark in color that would work.
  10. S

Any cabinet installers?

Just wondering if any of you guys do cabinet installs for a living? Would like to chat with you some about it.
  11. S

Spiders

Any good tips on keeping spiders and other bugs out of my garage workshop? I have been using some home defense spray but still see some every few days. I hate to sound like a wimp but I really hate spiders. I have been bitten a couple times and have flu like reactions so I'd really like to keep...
  12. S

Time for a table saw

In the next week or two I want to purchase a table saw. I have not owned one in a very long time and it was just a $100 or so saw new. I'm not opposed to a portable but would prefer something more solid like a hybrid. I do want to be able to do 3/4 dado cuts and the kicker is I would like to try...
  13. S

102 piece drill bit set $9.97

In Lowes the other day and saw this. Went ahead and got it since I needed some new bits anyways. The small bits have 3-4 of the same size if your prone to breaking them like I am...
  14. S

Hitachi 18v li-ion for $82

Didn;t see this posted but hard to beat at this price. http://www.reconditionedsales.com/Hitachi_DS18DSAL_18V_Compact_Pro_Lithium_Ion_Driver_Drill_%28Reconditioned%29___i1285.aspx I just got mine today to replace my 10 year old or so 12v porter cable. Its going to take some getting used to but...
  15. S

Air circulation vs air filtration

Something I want to get together today is a DIY air filtration unit. The thing I wonder about is how air circulation in my garage/shop will effect this. I'm wondering if fans will just blow the small dust particles around instead allowing the filter system to work. I can't afford a portable ac...
  16. S

flip up workstation plan?

I'm looking for plans for a work station that bench top tools flip up to use and down to store. I have seen them but didn't save any like I should have.
  17. S

Non mortise hinge

Any recommendations for non mortise hinges for frame less cabinets? I was thinking of these http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=10052 but would hoping to spend about half that. Trying to get my doors to set as close together as I can. They are frameless full overlay cabinets.
  18. S

So it begins.....

Today I started cleaning around my garage/shop some in between cutting and putting together a ton of little cedar borders to go around landscaping for the wife. Funny how every time I try to do something she wants something. I will be updating as I go and since this is a budget redo I thought I...
  19. S

Should I use these?

I have two http://www.lowes.com/pd_101933-1281-CR4824_4294855556_4294933768?productId=1000527&pl=1&currentURL=/pl_Free%2BStanding%2BShelving_4294855556_4294933768_?cm_cr=Garage%20Storage-_-Web%20Activity-_-Garage%20Storage_A1_Activity-_-SC_Garage%20Organization_Area1-_-31108_2 and one...
  20. S

WTB melamine

Looking for some melamine 2'+ widths for some shop cabinets.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS