Non mortise hinge

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlzettl

Matt
Corporate Member
Steve,

I'm assuming that these are overlay doors with a 3/4" panel in between them. This type of cabinet is often referred to as a European style. I would recommend that you have a look at Lee Valley's offerings. They have quite a few options, and in my experience they sell quality items reasonably priced. If you have never ordered from them, it's worth considering even a small order just to get their tool and hardware catalogs.

Of course, the best hinge for the application that you describe are the Euro style fully concealed hinges, as they are adjustable in three directions. Once you get the doors hung, you can tweak them to get a uniform reveal between all the doors. They may be more expensive that what you want to pay however. Also, you need to get a 35mm. drill bit to make the round mortise for the hinge bosses in the doors, and the bit has to be used in a drill press. Installling these hinges can be daunting the first time you do it, and even selecting the correct hinges and hinge mounting plates is confusing.

Some models of the type of hinge that you referenced have some adjustability, but it is rather crude compared to the Euro hinges.

I hope this helps.

Matt

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
have to agree with matt on this.:thumbs_up you can get one piece euro hinges as low as around a dollar each. Go with blum.:icon_thum

mlzettl

Matt
Corporate Member
Thanks, Pete, for mentioning Customer Service Hardware (CSH). I should have referenced them as well. They have an extensive selection and truly great prices. They are wonderful folks to deal with, just as Lee Valley. Both are very, very service oriented, and they treat their customers well. I have never had a problem with either, and have ordered thousands of dollars worth of stuff from them.

One more company that meets the customer service standard, and has beautifully crafted, American made hardware is Horton Brasses. They don't have the type of stuff that Steve needs, but it you are looking for high quality, solid brass hardware, they are high on the list with very personal service.

The usual disclaimer: I have no association with any of the above noted companies other than as a very satisfied customer.

Matt

ss600r

New User
Steve
I forgot to mention they are frameless full overlay. If I had a drill press I would get a fostner bit and not worry about it. Then again my Bday is next week so who knows. I'm not in a real hurry to get doors on as I have one wall to finish still and am putting my large cabinet together now. I will start checking out the places you guys mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors