Search results

1. B

dust collection bag

Any reason why I can't use an large, heavy duty plastic trash bag for a replacement of the collection (bottom) bag?
  2. B

How do you turn acrylic pen blanks?

Thanks. I'm making a sled for my band saw to cut off the corners. Even with the gouges it's still a pain. I bought three to see how they would turn. I'll stick to wood after these two.
  3. B

Thanks. I'll try the gouge.
  4. B

I purchased a few acrylic pen blanks and had no success in turning one down. It chipped continuously and finally a chunk broke off. How do you turn them?
  5. B

resawing needed

I need 30 feet +or- of walnut, maple, and purple heart resawn (2 & 3 foot long boards- 5/4, 6/4 x about 7" wide). I'll pay $1.00 a foot. Willing to travel to drop off and pick up within 60 mile radius of Wilson.
  6. B

Hanging Ceiling in shop

Worst thing you can do is blow in insulation without a vapor barrier. You should install foil face rolls or batts before putting up the osb. I put up a drop ceiling.
  7. B

Anchor hardwood

Has anyone gone to the Anchor Hardwood store on Old Wake Forest Rd? Selection? Prices? I saw their ad in the NO News, ALL ADS & Observer today. Their web site only lists a store in Wilmington
  8. B

Posting a new Thread

How do I post a new "thread". I can't find any link/icon on the main page? Calling it a thread is nuts. It's simply a message.
  9. B

looking for lathe duplicator

Thanks but I believe the duplicator you have is too small. According to the discription: "You can Easily Turn: Pens & Pencils, Candle Sticks, Christmas Ornaments, Chess Pieces, Duck calls, Fishing Lures , Mini Baseball Bats, Doll House parts, and many others." I think it's limited to 10"...
  10. B

looking for lathe duplicator

I'm looking for a lathe duplicator for a Delta lathe model 46-700 manufactured in 1996. prefer a used one in decent shape.
  11. B

Post?

I want to place a classified ad but it says I need "five posts". What is a post?
  12. B

Looking for glued furniture panels.

Because I don't want to.
  13. B

Looking for glued furniture panels.

I know the furniture industry in NC has tanked but I'm looking to buy panels up to 18" x 18"x 1.5- 2" thick. The panels are typically made up of pieces 1" to 3" wide. Need 'em for bowl turning. I only know of one place in Maine that still sells them but I hope there's something closer. Any...
  14. B

East Wake Hardwoods going out of business

I was there a couple of weeks ago. While Roger's fight with cancer is a concern, the relocation is the main reason for going out. He is now basically on an indoor shipping dock with limited space. He has no room for his woodworking equipment so sold it all. The doors may now be closed. It's a...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS