East Wake Hardwoods going out of business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Just saw this on Craig's List. Technically, this should go to the Found For Sale/ Hot Deals forum, but when a lumber supplier goes out of business, it's hard to gloat....

East Wake Hardwoods,
Retail Dealer of both domestic and exotic hardwood lumber
115 W. Horton Street , Zebulon, NC
919-269-9455
www.eastwakehardwoods.com

Going Out of Business
20 % Off Entire Inventory
80+ Species of Wood

Entire inventory of high grade hardwood lumber both domestic and exotic.
Woods represents six continents of the world. Sale include turning
blanks to slabs big enough for executive sized conference tables.

BillPappas

New User
Bill
Roger has been ill, I guess the business became to much to handle. Sad to see him leave the business, he is a great guy!

Bill

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
This is sad news. I've never been to his place, but I met him at the woodturners club meetings. I have heard from several people that he carried an impressive collection of wood.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I had recently heard that he was going to relocate after losing the lease on the building he was in. I sure hope that this is an inventory reduction sale and not a going out of business sale.

Dave:)

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
I have priced wood there. At 20% off, it is no red hot deal. I feel bad for anyone that goes out of business, but in this case I am not all that surprised.

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
I also heard his health is declining. Don't know whether this has anything to do with it, but could understand if it is.

Mike

BillPappas

New User
Bill
I had recently heard that he was going to relocate after losing the lease on the building he was in. I sure hope that this is an inventory reduction sale and not a going out of business sale.

Dave:)

He did move to another location in Zebulan...maybe he is just moving again!

Regards,

Bill

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
This is horrible news, Roger I don't know what the circumstances behind East Wake Hardwoods going out of business but God Speed to you.

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
I hope Roger is OK. I hate to hear that he is going out of business but I don't imagine the price of his lumber was a factor in shuttering considering his clientele's talent and skill set.

Bob the Mainer

New User
Bob
I was there a couple of weeks ago. While Roger's fight with cancer is a concern, the relocation is the main reason for going out. He is now basically on an indoor shipping dock with limited space. He has no room for his woodworking equipment so sold it all. The doors may now be closed.

It's a big loss for woodworkers in the area as we now have to rely on a few of stores. The prices at Capital City Lumber are sky high and the others have limited selections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS