1. gesiak

Crotch Ash Bowl

Very nice,
  2. gesiak

Sycamore bowl

Nice bowl Mike!
  3. gesiak

THIS is why I love this group!

Berta, great gesture to help someone. You and NCWW are always there to help out!
  4. gesiak

First Place at the State Fair!

Congratulations! Very well deserved.
  5. gesiak

Tool Gloat - A-Line-It

They are useful in determining set up of the tool not the wood. An example of that. Using my drill press to drill pen blanks, I noticed that the hole at the top of the blank was dead center, how ever the bottom hole was off center. Additionally, the hole was slightly oval. Using the A-Line-It...
  6. gesiak

Tool Gloat - A-Line-It

I won the big raffle prize at tonight’s Fox Valley Woodworker’s Club meet. Scored an A-LINE-IT DELUXE Machinery/Tool Alignment System w/ 22 Interchangeable Tips, 11 inch Long Anodized Aluminum Bar, Anodized Aluminum Smart Bar, Dial Indicator, Precision Steel Pin and Arbor Run-Out Kit. On a...
  7. IMG_2566.jpeg

IMG_2566.jpeg

8. IMG_2517.jpeg

IMG_2517.jpeg

Cherry pepper mill, garnet shellac and polyurethane
  9. gesiak

Cherry Pepper Mill

Just finished the pepper mill I started a while back. I used cherry and a pepper mill kit from Woodcraft. The mill hardware has a black finish to designate it contains pepper. I will turn a duplicate and use chrome for a salt mill. I turned it using Easy Woods mini finisher and mini rougher...
  10. 01d33e333cd1cbf2043f9fa2a0214c8960627435eb.jpg

01d33e333cd1cbf2043f9fa2a0214c8960627435eb.jpg

11. 01b33347b8ace4cf04bb6f8a8e2d556bcfe33696cd.jpg

01b33347b8ace4cf04bb6f8a8e2d556bcfe33696cd.jpg

Made a change to the shape.
  12. roughform_cherrypeppermill.jpg

roughform_cherrypeppermill.jpg

13. gesiak

Chat software status

Glad the issue is resolved. Missed the Sunday morning chats. I appreciate you efforts to resolve the issue.
  14. gesiak

Updated Chat software

Any update?
  15. gesiak

Is this cherry?

Thanks, I’ll try that.
  16. gesiak

Is this cherry?

Hank, I am leaning towards “light” cherry. A friend whose shop I turned the blank said he thought it might be maple because of the light color and grain. He is a demonstrator for Easy Wood tools and got to test out a couple of the tools and Easy Woods beading tool. Now that I have tried...
  17. gesiak

Is this cherry?

I purchased a piece of “cherry” from Woodcraft, several months ago. It is clearly labeled as cherry. Today I turned a piece of it for a pepper mill, after turning it is a lot paler, and looks like maple. What do you think cherry or maple.
  18. gesiak

Updated Chat software

Darn! Always look forward to the Sunday morning chat.😞
  19. gesiak

Segmented Turning #313. Not so lucky!

Great recovery. Can't think of keeping my head and not pitching the whole thing!
  20. gesiak

New segmented vase

Nice work, Neal!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS