Search results

1. C

Plywood in hickory nc

Thank you all for your feedback.
  2. C

Plywood in hickory nc

Looking for sheets of 1/8" (3mm) plywood Birch (For now). looking for sizes and price.
  3. C

Plywood in hickory nc

Hi all, it’s been a minute since I dropped in. I was wondering if anyone knew of a place to get plywood in the Hickory area? I’m looking for 1/8 (3mm) birch plywood locally. No luck finding that anywhere. I was hopeful when I found Catawba hardwoods, but I get no responses from several emails...
  4. C

Looking for ideas

you can (or used to could) purchase the post office doors (I think i got mine on ebay like. 10 years ago).. Then you make the frame around it. I made some for my kids and neice and nephew when they were born. They love em now. (they didn't care when they were first born though)
  5. C

Looking for ideas

A Post Office bank, for future savings.. (not mine.. but i have made some similar)
  6. C

Looking for someone to do an Amish finish in Hickory / Newton area

I will get a picture of the table posted. Also, I will get some more information on the finish technique. I got the walnut years ago from some guy named Jeff :) Thanks for checking this out. Clay
  7. C

Yep..it's me. Had to put woodworking down. Moved out of central Nc last year. I'm still kicking though.
  8. C

I have rustic walnut table that I made that currently has a polyurethane finish, I want to get it refinished with an Amish style post-catalized conversion varnish finish. Wanting to see if someone local to Hickory area could do it for me. Clay
  9. C

UPDATED 10,000-15,000 BF walnut

I'd be willing to get some as well. Probably.. 100bf.
  10. C

Who Are You?

Welcome back Jeff! I'm glad you're here.
  11. C

Stepping down?

Good for you Tom... I read your post, and said.. Fred.. Fred... do I know a Fred... should I know a Fred.... <re-read post>... oh.. duh.. Freud! I know him very well! Congrats Tom. I'm glad for you, and your family.
  12. C

Maybe we need a new forum

To add a Venting forum, would only invite people to well... "vent". I guarantee it will be vicious, volatile, political, religious, demeaning to some, whatever. I stand firmly against a venting forum.
  13. C

Were you once like me?

Hi welcome to the site. I know for a fact that we have several great members in your area. I look forward to seeing some pictures of your work.
  14. C

The trek begins...

Be sure you get a good photo journal of your trip... you know how we are...
  15. C

TIP: attaching paper templates (band saw, scroll saw, etc.)

I just did some scroll sawing, and I put the blue painters tape on instead of packing tape. It left no residue behind at all. I like that much better than applying the spray glue on the wood. Down side, is that the blue tape is a bit pricy.
  16. C

Fair Warning...

Just wondering Scott... was the cause of the fire determined? Just something I wondered.
  17. C

Fair Warning...

Holy crap Scott! I think this is by far the most serious case of Wood Guy Disease ever recorded. I think the strain has mutated into Super Woodguy Disease.... Everyone.... Stay away from New Hill.. I repeat... STAY FAR away from New Hill! He's still contagious.
  18. C

Early Anniversary Present( edited)

Ohhhhhh.... Ahhhhhhhhhh,...... I wonder how I can pull the same trick off... Nice score mac!
  19. C

Fair Warning...

I too have seen the building. I can imagine what could fit under that. Got any sneak peeks on what's coming back?
  20. C

And The Winner Is..........

Well... I saw the 2, and got excited. but those last 2 numbers really spoiled me. It's not me... I guess I'll have to hit my wife up for that new router table now

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors