Search results

1. Chipper

JDS gloatamus maximus

Nice score, Did they have any more? I'm still looking for one.
  2. Chipper

Moisture Meter Question

Thanks for the tip. I think I'll go get one at that price. I hear all of the units are calibrated for Doug. Fir and the more expensive units have some settings for various woods. I'm sure a correction chart would work for me on the cheaper units.
  3. Chipper

Photo sensor to control compressor

I've got a bunch of Allen Bradly power contactor relays NOS and I need to sell a few. 120vac coil and double pole double throw 20A 300v contacts. I'm thinking in the $15 range. I'll try to post a pic. PM if interested.
  4. Chipper

Finally Oscillating!

You can use the 4-1/2" tall sleeves for thin stuff and stack 2 of them when you need a full spindle. Industrial Abrasives http://www.industrialabrasives.com/ has some good prices as well as Klingspore.
  5. Chipper

Riving Knife- Am I missing something?

I believe that all table saws will require a riving knife in order to be UL listed beginning in 2010.
  6. Chipper

Suggestions for band saw blade tensioning

Hi Chuck, I'm very much in "testing phase" looking for ideas. Just got the saw and the next day the RK blade arrived. Your post was very helpful. I was going to try the caliper trick or possibly buy a tensin gauge but it sounds like the finger deflection method is about all I need. Laguna was...
  7. Chipper

Dino, I'll check with Laguna on Monday but I thought they were talking more in the 15k to 19k range. The Trimaster may in fact be a higher tension blade. I have a new Tri Master but I need to get it welded to the proper length for this saw. Anyone know of a Lenox dealer in the Norfolk area?
  8. Chipper

Travis, There are two types of band saw tires. Crowned and flat. In either case, when a blade has more set to the teeth, as is the general case as blades get bigger/wider, the blade backing runs on the crown and the teeth are not touching the tire. Theeth on the tire will not only wear the tires...
  9. Chipper

Hi Gang, I haven't posted in a while. I'm trying to figure out the best way to tell if my BS blade is doing it's best. I'd like the best cut possible when sawing veneer. I have a MM 16 witha 1" Resaw King. Laguna says tension it just to the point it does wander in the cut. Some say use the...
  10. Chipper

Ideas for workbench top

Thanks for all the ideas. Here is a view of the legs. The photo makes them look bent but it's just the camera. I don't have any span support for the top so it needs to be thick so the glue up designs are probably the best for this app.
  11. Chipper

Ideas for workbench top

I might be up for building one. Do I need to watch out for anything in order to keep everything flat.
  12. Workbench leg weldment

Workbench leg weldment

13. Chipper

Ideas for workbench top

Just welded up some 2x2 tube for legs and a piece of angle to attach the legs to the top. I need some ideas for top material. Can't believe the cost of maple work tops from Grainger. $300 for a 72 x30 I remember paying $100 for the same just awhile ago. Looked at Lumber Liq for the butcher block...
  14. Chipper

Lumber run May 31

Wish I could have made it. I need some QSWO. Maybe next time.
  15. Chipper

TS Dust Collection Help

Good idea Alan, What we might find is that flow across the blade is the best way to pipe a TS for DC. Might just have to put a port in the side cover on my uni and see.
  16. Chipper

TS Dust Collection Help

Remember, the air jet was just an experiment in order to verify that the dust actually is traveling all the way around the blade and out the top. Just wanted to make sure we understand the problem before we solve it.
  17. Chipper

TS Dust Collection Help

I got a question... Where is the dust coming from? The teeth at the back of the blade or the teeth at the front of the blade? If the back teeth are producing the dust on there way through the open kerf then they must be cutting wood, and if they are cutting it seems like the workpiece would...
  18. Chipper

Anybody using ground-source HVAC ?

I'll talk to him get the numbers. My main gripe with Water Furnas is their dealer mark-up. It's about 1.7 on the equipment. Of course you get a lot with the install. The dealer had a guy there on Sat all day and all he did was observe to verify the depth of the well and tube install. The...
  19. Chipper

Anybody using ground-source HVAC ?

Got some more info today as my neighbor pulled the trigger on a water loop HP. 200ft well per Ton well. 1Ton per well, $1500 per well. He is getting 3 wells and Water Furnace equipment.
  20. Chipper

Fishing Rod Rack Plans

Anyone have rod rack palns for a indoor roll-around rack. Even pictures would help. Some of the rods have a bent butt so there inlies the challenge.:eusa_danc

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS