Search results

1. C

Freud 8” Box Joint blade set for sale SOLD

Never used. 50 bucks. You pay shipping Matthews (Charlotte)
  2. C

Help on finishing

Can someone help by steering me toward how the finish on this door might have been done? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. C

Ryobi Miter Saw.

Free to a good home Pick up near Costco in Matthews Works fine Upgraded and need the room. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. C

Olivewood with Maple or Walnut?

I'm such a novice that i hesitate to even ask this. But the olivewood wasn't cheap and I'd like to avoid a mistake. What's the advisability of joining olivewood with either walnut or hard maple? Thinking of a cheese tray. Did a charcuterie tray from maple and walnut and that was okay. Plan...
  5. C

Woodworking Axioms

Remember the concept of axioms from geometry class? It was a category of knowledge that was characterized by its consistency. Things you didn't have to learn over and over or, in other words, things that are always true. It could be a great help to collect some of those that apply to...
  6. C

Parf System for rent?

Anyone in the Charlotte area have a Parf System I could borrow/rent. Guess I'm too frugal to buy a tool for a couple hundred bucks that I'll only use once. Thought I could help reduce the price that someone else paid...
  7. C

Any ideas what this is?

Any ideas?
  8. C

Project assembly - Is it wise to paint during dry-fit?

So... Here's my dilemma. I'm in Matthews and building this mudroom bench for the daughter in Atlanta. Of course, it ain't gonna fit in the Highlander. Don't judge me. I'm using pocket hole joinery. (Still very much a newbie to woodworking!) I have the bench seat stained so I won't be...
  9. C

Barn Wood Rescue Effort

Some of us may be aware of the "derecho" storm that wreaked havoc on Cedar Rapids IA a couple weeks ago. I've been in contact with a good friend up there. Knowing i'm interested in woodworking, he asked if I could use some 100 to 200 year old barn wood. It seems many were blown flat in the...
  10. C

Folding Worktable?

I'm thinking of building a worktable/assembly table with a twist. Or rather, a fold. Instead of a 4x6 work surface it would have two 2x6 sections that run 12 feet along the wall and can be pulled out, folded together and locked to make the 4x6 workspace. Thinking of building the router table...
  11. C

Baltic Birch 3/4 x 4' x 8'

Three or four weeks ago I stumbled on a website selling Baltic Birch. Comes in from Russia to Elizabeth NJ and to Savannah. I'm in the Charlotte area. Got them to give me a quote and got it delivered yesterday on a freight truck with a lift gate to my home.. 50 bucks a sheet...
  12. C

TrueTrac System - anyone have any experience?

Looking at track saws and, of course, thinking about the costs. Have an extra circular saw and am considering this system. TrueTrac - The Better Track Saw System Has anyone seen or used them? Understand they've been on the Woodworker Shows circuit for some time...
  13. C

Moving to Matthews

Hello All, Been lurking on the forums since last August. Really enjoy the expertise and evident camaraderie! We’re moving from Leland to Matthews this month so I’ll be going through the drill of setting up the shop in the garage. Looking forward to a “fresh” setup. Don’t you think you could...
  14. C

Baltic Birch

Please forgive this question from a newbie if it’s already been asked and answered many times. I can’t seem to find the 13 ply Baltic Birch plywood that is supposed to be the best for making cabinets, jigs etc. at least not in 4 x 8 sheets. The big box stores have oak or maple but with fewer...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS