Search results

1. Pdkennelly

NCWW Scholarship Endowment Fund

Can we still buy T-shirts online to support the scholarship?
  2. Pdkennelly

Wood slab 30 inches x 18 feet near Clayton/Garner

Thanks. I'll check them out.
  3. Pdkennelly

Wood slab 30 inches x 18 feet near Clayton/Garner

I'm bidding on a job tomorrow that will require a slab that is 30 inches by 18 feet for an outdoor sign. Do any of the lumber yards or mills around here stock anything that large? I'll have more details tomorrow after I talk to the client, but wanted to start my search early, so I can get a...
  4. Pdkennelly

Why...

Oh, are you sometimes a grinch? :D
  5. Pdkennelly

Why...

Desk was modified from the Ana White craft table. Made for a friend of my daughter who had been using a folding card table as a desk. This was made for my Whovian daughter's birthday.
  6. Pdkennelly

Mortar & pestle

I've got a stack of sycamore, that I didn't know what to do with. I was going to try pens or signs. Maybe the thicker boards, I can turn into small bowls. Hmm. so many ideas. Not enough time.
  7. Pdkennelly

Links to training videos.

I've watched this video twice in the past week. Such great information.
  8. Pdkennelly

Sharpening Gouges and Skews

@Mike Davis I appreciate it. I've seen that you offer classes, too. It is a bit of a drive up to your place. @marinosr I know I'll have to buy a bench grinder, then all the accessories, and wheels, and jigs, and sheesh turning isn't cheap. But, I would still be looking for some hands-on...
  9. Pdkennelly

Woodblock printing

My wife did this in college. She was the art major in our family. I was a business major. I should have known.
  10. Pdkennelly

Sharpening Gouges and Skews

Anyone near Garner/Clayton that would be willing to teach/show/coach hands-on sharpening of gouges and skews? I have a bunch of tools, and I've sharpened them by hand ( I don't have a bench grinder). I'm Youtube taught, so I'm looking for a mentor, that's close by. I also bought a ShopFox...
  11. Pdkennelly

Mortar & pestle

Looks great. I made one recently out of Bradford Pear. My son wanted one for mixing flowers for dye/paint. I don't know. My kids are way artsier than I am.
  12. Pdkennelly

Intro from Garner

I think that's what I like most about woodworking, I can stand back and look at what I've created and share it with other people. With my day job, it's just clickety clack at the keyboard all day, and meetings, did I mention meetings. ugh.
  13. Pdkennelly

What is the best Lithium-ion hand tool brand?

@Oka I wonder if it's worth taking apart the old NiCad batteries and replacing those cells, to get another year or two out of them.
  14. Pdkennelly

Intro from Garner

I realized that I must have never posted an intro. I moved here from NYC back in 2015 and the new house needed some personal improvements, so my wife bought me a Dewalt Miter saw, and my love of woodworking was born. One of my first projects was benches with storage for our bay window, and I've...
  15. Pdkennelly

Free picture/art framing supplies

https://raleigh.craigslist.org/zip/d/raleigh-free-picture-framing-wood-and/7001451440.html If anyone here does a lot of picture/art framing, this would be a good haul. Too bad the group doesn't have a shared space for storing community supplies.
  16. Pdkennelly

Want a BS project? ENC CL post in Greenville area

better than the $75 I paid for my old 12-inch craftsman. But the room??? hm...
  17. Pdkennelly

Sjorberg Bench or something different?

This is listed for free in Apex. Not sure if it will help you out. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2382457791966219/
  18. Pdkennelly

Sjorberg Bench or something different?

Throw a sheet of plywood on the back across the legs for stability and your out less than $200.
  19. Pdkennelly

Amazon Smile

My wife buys stuff on amazon on the time. is there a way to set a default in your Prime account? EDIT: I just checked and she's got it set to Pencils of Promise which helps schools. But she's only used it 3 times. So, she needs to update her bookmark. lol.
  20. Pdkennelly

a reminder

Dalton, Thank you for reminding me of this quote from MLK Jr.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS