Search results

1. E

Pergola Build Question

Simson makes a code compliant screw for joist hangers. They are the SD connector screw. Most Box stores stock them.
  2. E

Table saw opinions

Actually #1 is nail guns. Power nailers or nail guns: 37,000 emergency room visits/year John Deere-type Riding Lawn Mowers: 37,000 hospital visits a year Chain Saws: 36,000 ER visits/year Stationary Table Saws: 29,000 ER visits/year Snowblowers: 5,7000 ER Visits per year; 19 deaths recorded...
  3. E

Table saw opinions

This is not directed towards anyone, but I always find it odd that everyone is always pushing the sawstop. With the reasoning it’s cheaper than a hospital bill. But what about all your other shop tools bandsaw planners routers shapers. All of which have no flesh sensing technology. Do you...
  4. E

Euro hinge plug/repair

Here is a quick video of how those hinges work if anyone is interested.
  5. E

Euro hinge plug/repair

Those are inserta hinges if they are Blum. They are friction fit in the cup hole when you push the cover lever down. The two outside holes are just to keep the hinge indexed in the the right position. You could change the hinge to a traditional screw on euro hinge and plug the index holes and...
  6. E

European hinge installation

I like Salice hinges for inset there mounting plates make in easy to use. Here is their reference chart. Just use the correct offset plate an a full crank hinge.
  7. E

Built in bookcase floor to 10 ft ceiling project and thinking to make the shelving 48 inches width and 12 inches deep.

Frank just read the part about dados. If you’re doing stationary shelving in a dado on three sides with oversized front edge band. You shouldn’t have any problems with sagging with 3/4 ply. If you decide to do adjustable shelves with shelve pins. I have had good success with adding shelve...
  8. E

Built in bookcase floor to 10 ft ceiling project and thinking to make the shelving 48 inches width and 12 inches deep.

As far as getting the 9 foot ceiling height these pictures may help. Build a ladder frame to set your eight foot tall cabinet on. Then use 1 by material and base cap to cover seam. At top use baseboard upside down and crown to ceiling. When making your face frames on the two outer cabinets...
  9. E

Need Carpenters Help

You can usually over drill the depth on the top rail slightly. That way you can slide the top in far enough to let it slide in the bottom hole. This method works well for changing from wood like you have to metal. I have done several change outs this way. My method after in place is to epoxy...
  10. E

Something a little different

Thanks guys, the finish is a grey stain base coat. With some white and blue paint dry brushed on. I wire brushed the wood before staining to open the grain.
  11. E

Something a little different

Built a amp head cabinet for my micro amp. Also built a matching 1x12 cabinet.
  12. E

Up to the 9' ceiling or not?

I prefer to the ceiling. I usually suggest some type of glass in those upper cabs. And to the post earlier about lack of range hood a lot of island cooktops are downdraft vents.
  13. E

Well guys...I need some guidance about a well. I am feeling quite defeated.

Just to clarify did you replace wire and piping or reuse existing. I would take pipe apart at well casing pull it up about ten feet and turn it on to see if it pumps water.
  14. E

Rate this kitchen design

That’s what I would do Willem, get something close with doors and cut it down to fit your needs.
  15. E

Rate this kitchen design

If you can shrink your cabinets on the right of the refrigerator you could add a pantry like these examples. 9 inch depth floor to ceiling would give you quite a bit of storage.
  16. E

Cutting metal with BS

These work good for sheet metal they can cut metal roofing just have to take your time at the ribs. Easy to do circles and scribes.
  17. E

Mini-Split unit kicked breaker

No need to swap breakers, Check it at disconnect. Pull out the disconnect and put it in the off position. If breaker holds and does not trip you will know that the breaker is good and the wire to the disconnect. If it trips with the disconnect in off position then you have a problem with...
  18. E

Spraying cabinet doors

I would use double refined mdf for the panel if they are solid color. Even with mdf core ply you still get some imperfections in the veneer.
  19. E

Grizzly G0490X motor trouble- update - Phil solved it!

Just seeing how much you checked with your meter. Wiring schematic shows only a few components. Mag switch, control panel, motor and start and run caps. Do you have voltage to the motor on both legs.
  20. E

White cabinet doors.

What finish are you using. Most shops would be using double refined mdf for the panel. That’s what I use for flat panel doors. As long as the door is flat and smooth before primer I usually just need a light block sand. If I have a lot to do I will put a soft backing pad on the RO and use it...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS