Search results

1. Tgillis

Nova 1624 II?

Has anyone worked with the Nova 1624 II? I'm looking at it to replace another lathe I have and would like to know if it has a mobile base attachment that can be added or if I would need to purchase a separate mobile base to go with the lathe. Any good advice is welcomed.
  2. Tgillis

Segmented ornament!

I turned my first segmented ornament and am so very excited about it! I don't have finish on it yet but I finished the sanding down to 320. When I part it off, I will put a small eye hook in the stem so that it can hang on the tree.
  3. Tgillis

First legitimate segmented turning!

So, I finally got around to doing a project just for me. It has been my habit to do projects for others but I decided my list of wants is important too as it is my shop. So my first legitimate segmented turning is my urn. It may be morbid to think about but it is no different than keeping life...
  4. Tgillis

SOLD! Ridgid Table Saw $400

Putting my current table saw up for sale as my upgraded Sawstop is finally ready for me to pick up! I have a few extra accessories to go with it and will include a decent general blade with the saw. It is for pick up only and is ready to be wheeled right out of my shop on to someone's trailer...
  5. Tgillis

Just wanted to share

So, I got an order for a customer jewelry box. I did one and just wanted to share it because I don't share my work enough here. I used the PC dovetail jig with the mini dovetail template for the outer box and miter joints for the tray and floating panel top. I did not add splines as the top and...
  6. Tgillis

Prayer Kneeler (Prie Dieu)

Does anyone have a simple prayer kneeler plan they would be willing to share with me?
  7. Tgillis

Christmas for Cops

So I'm a law enforcement officer and I have been thinking of gifts for my squad this year that will be unique and can be used everyday while on duty. I thought it would be really cool to be able to get some handcuff key turning kits and found that they aren't a thing on the websites I know to...
  8. Tgillis

SOLD Delta 18x36 31-250 Drum Sander

I am selling my drum sander for $200. Everything on it works except the mechanism to make the feed table go up and down. The tension gear on the mechanism need to be tinkered with to get it to work properly. It has a new conveyor belt, comes with new sand paper, manual and mobile base. It MUST...
  9. Tgillis

Acacia

Hello All, Does anyone know where I can purchase some acacia in North Carolina? I had not heard of it until tonight when I had someone querie about a custom cutting board made from Acacia. I did a Google search for it and all of the places that I know to look to buy lumber don't have it listed...
  10. Tgillis

Surprise Me!

So, I have been working in the shop and have picked up orders for cigar humidors and I am able to get them out relatively quickly given my full time job. I recently received an order for a humidor and when I received the order, I requested a wood preference. The customer told me to surprise him...
  11. Tgillis

Pressure Tank usage

So I recently purchase a paint tank that I intend to convert in to a pressure tank. I will be using it for resin castings but I have no idea on how to use it. Will some kind soul explain it to me so that I will be able to use my tool for my intended purpose?
  12. Tgillis

Christmas presents i made for my work squad mates

Since I observed that we all needed clipboards for work, I made customized clipboards as my Christmas presents to my entire squad
  13. Tgillis

Cord Repair

Does anyone know how to replace the cord on a Nova work lamp? I accidentally cut through mine and no need to repair it...
  14. Tgillis

Skateboard scraps

Anyone know where I could find and acquire some skateboard off cuts? I keep seeing cool turning made of skateboard offcuts and think it would be cool to turn some things with it...
  15. Tgillis

Lidded box

So i just wanted to post my first successful lidded box because why not.. It has the appropriate 'pop' sound and everything! I think it is just perfect for keeping small jewelry in.
  16. Tgillis

Steady Rest

Anyone have plans for a good steady rest?
  17. Tgillis

Redwood

Anyone know where I can get some kiln dried redwood in or near the triad?
  18. Tgillis

Just a few projects in the works

I have three projects in the works right now The first is a Jatoba Challenge Coin Holder. The second is a small cherry and Sapele cutting board that I am doing for a very generous friend, he owns a building supply business and fabricates doors from really nice hardwoods and he gave me a load of...
  19. Tgillis

Mother's Day Gifts!

So my mother told me recently and quite plainly that she wants a cutting board to go with the rolling pin that I gave her for Christmas. So for Mother's Day she will be receiving one of the first two that I just made, they aren't finished as I have to route roundovers, sand, brand and oil them...
  20. Tgillis

Bench Grinder Recommendations

I am in the market for a good bench grinder however, I don't really know what to look for in one. I want to be able to use it for sharpening my turning chisels and other things that I haven't thought of yet. What should I be looking for and why should I be looking for it?

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS