Search results

1. dazart

Anchor type for pantry shelves?

I'm attempting to replace the metal wire shelves in our pantry with wood ones. I'm using 2x2's against the walls but on the other 2 sides to the main one I can't find any studs. I found some toggle bolt anchors to use but after I got home and read how to use them it says to only use with...
  2. dazart

Frame for 42x64'ish mirror?

I have a builder grade mirror from when we bought the house and I was thinking of building a frame for it. I initially thought I'd just think of it like a big picture frame but then I started wondering if I need to take into consideration the weight of the mirror. It's not quite like a picture...
  3. dazart

Miter saw station.

While being stuck at home I decided to start working on a miter station for my empty garage. It probably would have taken a lot longer than it did if I wasn't stuck at home. I used The Wood Whisperer's plans and his videos and I really enjoyed doing it and learned a lot. I made a few mistakes...
  4. dazart

Corner china cabinets

My wife would like me to make corner china cabinets in our dining room. She's given me a link to what she's looking for - Pintrest link for corner cabinet I'm trying to find some plans or directions or some video that goes over how you do them so I can get an idea on how to start, things to...
  5. dazart

Looking for ideas

My niece is pregnant and I thought it'd be cool to make something, but I'm not sure what to make. I consider myself a novice/intermediate skill level, so if anyone has any ideas let me know. Thanks!
  6. dazart

Easy question for dust collection

I bought the Central Machinery dust collector from Harbor Freight a little while ago and it's been a huge upgrade from my shop vac. I've seen lots of videos on how to improve it like making it a 2 cycle, upgrading the top filter, etc. Those are all things I'd like to do in the future. Anyhow...
  7. dazart

Beginner question - screws to use?

I'm starting to look at building some lower cabinets for storage in my garage. I found a design to use but it doesn't mention what length or gauge screws to use for assembling things. It's using ~3/4" plywood. I was thinking 1 1/4" screws (hadn't thought about gauge), but I thought of that...
  8. dazart

Garage heater

My workshop is our 2 car garage. Any suggestions on a good heater? I have a 220 outlet but when I look around the heaters I look at say 240v.
  9. dazart

Dust collector upgrade thoughts

I have a few tools that have 4" dust connectors and I don't think my shop vac is cutting it anymore. Unfortunately I don't have a lot to put towards something, but does anyone have any suggestions for a minor step up? I saw Harbor Freight has a 2hp one for about 200. That's probably about the...
  10. dazart

Degreaser on new bandsaw table?

I bought a new bandsaw and the manual says to use wd40 to get the protective coating off the table, but I thought that was bad for wood because it contains silicone. Looking for thoughts/suggestions.
  11. dazart

Empty garage!

We're moving into a new construction in November. It's empty - No cabinets, no storage, nothing. The only thing that could impact where I put something is a drop down ladder to get into some storage space above the garage. Are there any good places to kind of figure out how to lay it out? I...
  12. dazart

Adding strength to outdoor bench seat.

I'm replacing the wood on my MIL's outdoor bench. Nick (NTCook) gave me some Angelim Pedra wood almost a year ago (wow - i've been 'sitting' on this project for quite some time). I wasn't able to get the strips quite as wide as the original pieces, but they were close. The only place it'll...
  13. dazart

Trade in bandsaw?

Are there any places around Charlotte where I could turn in my current bandsaw to get a new one? I bought one used and it's working, but I don't feel like it's 100% and I don't feel comfortable using it. I'm sure someone who is good with fixing them up could use it, but I can't.
  14. dazart

Cutting down tree in front yard - Silver Maple?

We're going to cut down this tree in our front yard. The roots are coming out of the ground and starting to lift the concrete to the driveway and walk. The wife has tripped on it and fell once or twice now, so it's just time for it to go. I was told it was silver maple - not sure if that's...
  15. dazart

Coffee Table

Wife wants me to make a coffee table for our living room that looks like this - https://www.etsy.com/es/listing/526664707/farmhouse-coffee-table-reclaimed-wood She decided on a size of 3'x4'. I think this is going to be my first project using rough cut lumber. I'm trying to figure out how...
  16. dazart

Looking for a Planer

I was thinking of getting a Dewalt DW735x or a Makita 2012NB. Anyone have opinions comparing the 2 one way or the other or where I might be able find them at better prices than Amazon ($599 and $699 respectively)?
  17. dazart

Rigid JP0610?

I saw a Rigid JP0610 jointer on CL for $400. I told him I wanted it, but as I was looking around I can't seem to find where you can buy it anywhere. Did they discontinue it?
  18. dazart

prefab or from scratch?

I am considering adding a shed in the back yard to store the lawn tractor and lawn stuff to make more room in the garage for woodworking. Anyone have thoughts on if I should buy from a big box store (or other suggestions), or is trying to build one myself from plans somewhere a viable/better...
  19. dazart

CL - Jet planer

Not mine, not endorsing, etc. https://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/tls/d/jet-6-long-bed-jointer-shelix/6771583332.html
  20. dazart

better thana shopvac?

http://www.grizzly.com/products/Grizzly-1-HP-Dust-Collector/G8027 Don't have the funds, but it's on sale today only they say.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS