Search results

1. J

Toybox Bookcase

I just completed this toybox bookcase project for my little nephew. This is definitely not fine woodworking but it presented a challenge to me because it is hard to do big projects in my small shop. As I have gotten older large pieces are difficult for me to handle. I made the bookcase and toy...
  2. J

Barber Chair Work bench for sale

I have had this unique work bench for a long time. I do not know who built it or the original use of the bench...I suspect it was a carver or luthier. The hardwood top is about 22 by 30 inches, the vise opens 4 + inches and has 16 inch wide jaws. The bottom is a fully functional barber chair...
  3. J

Completed Cabinet with hidden drawers

Just completed a cabinet for my nephew built from a picture he sent me. The cabinet is pretty basic construction so I decided to add a unique feature. The top rail was fairly wide so I wanted to utilize the space under the top. On the two door sections of the cabinet I added drop down drawers...
  4. J

Under Lathe Storage Cart

Here area few photos of my latest shop project. I decided to build a tool cart to go under my lathe. I am short on space and this gives me a place to hold a lot of my turning tools and lathe fixtures. The cart has 5 full extension drawers and rolls on casters. It is nothing fancy. I made it...
  5. J

Colonial Traditions...Mebane, NC- Wood, Machinery, and Tool Sale

Traveling through Mebane and saw a sign " selling woodworking machines and lumber" at Colonial Traditions.....a fine furniture store located on West Graham Street(Hwy 119 North). The owner Curtis Byron gave me a tour of the facility and sale items. The facility used to make specialty fine...
  6. J

Holly Wood Stars

I just finished a challenge coin flag rack. The base wood was blondwood plywood, the frame and flag white stripess were maple. I cut the stars from thin strips of resawn holly. I used a Fiskars Star punch to make the holly stars. If the wood is less than 1/16 " the punch worked well. The...
  7. J

Woodworkers Supply

Per the Burlington Times Woodworkers Supply will reopen as a retail store on Alamance Road. The store location is Highway 62 near the airport. The notice did not mention when they will open. I will ride by there today and see if there is any activity. This could be good news for us in the...
  8. J

Milling holly log

Here are photos of the milling of a short holly log ...5.5 feet by 13 in diameter. I carried the log to Steve Scott in Graham at 2407 Chapel Hill Road, NC 54, PH 336 639 4565. Steve has a large Woodmizer mill and can handle any log you carry to him. I was able to get 35 to 40 board feet of 4...
  9. J

Back yard bug heater

I am repurposing an old chest bought from a Habitat store. When I started taking it apart I found bugs in it......maybe bed bugs! I built a backyard heat box to heat treat the chest to kill the bugs. Using a kerosene heater and a heat gun I was able to get the chest temp over 140 F at the...
  10. J

Hello from Burlington

This is Jerry C in Burlington. I signed up about a month ago after a trip to see Scott Smith in New Hill. Scott convinced me to sign up while he educated me about his operation. I left 3 small Holly logs with Scott to cut and dry. I am anxious to see how the holly comes out after drying. I...
  11. J

Hello from Burlington

This is Jerry C in Burlington. I signed up about a month ago after a trip to see Scott Smith in New Hill. Scott convinced me to sign up while he educated me about his operation. I left 3 small Holly logs with Scott to cut and dry. I am anxious to see how the holly comes out after drying. I...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS