Search results

1. S

Williams & Hussey Molding Machine for sale?

I've got a project where I need to cut a number of moldings. Wanted to see if anyone had a Williams & Hussey or Shopfox machine they were looking to sell. Thanks in advance. Steve
  2. S

Is it time to replace my machines?

Your post intrigued me. There appear to be a number of people selling .dxf files on Etsy for range hood’s for about $150. Once you have the basic shape/geometry you can scale it as you need inside of Vectric Aspire. If you can get a dxf file I am happy to try to cut /assemble one for you on...
  3. S

How get rid of sawdust?

I put it on my garden walkways. Keeps the weeds down and composts into really nice soil.
  4. S

Grizzly g5912Z Spindle Shaper and G4181 Power Feed for sale

I have a lightly used Grizzly 5 Hp Spindle Shaper with a G4181 Power Feeder for sale. Both maybe have 25 hours on them but they are nearly new. The combined equipment is about $5k new from Grizzly. I am asking $3,500. I have a forklift and can load the equipment. Steve
  5. S

Corporate Membership Intro

Same as the others…. Been here a while and I think this is the outstanding item left to be a corp member…. Steve
  6. S

Latest harpsichord finished with sound

Could you post a picture of the inlay youhave on the soundboard. It looks amazing but it's hard to see from your pictures. Beautiful work! Steve
  7. S

CNC Help

I've got a 4' x 8' CNC machine but I'm in North Raleigh. Probably not much closer than Chapel Hill.
  8. S

Vacuum Veneering

The other thing to think about is using the breather material the vaccuum bag companies sell. This will help get all of the air out and get everything down tight and flat. With respect to the soaking. I've not had to soak the veneer in the past. The stuff I've gotten has been reasonably...
  9. S

Vacuum Veneering

Yes. Have done it multiple times and have the equipment.
  10. S

A bit of CNC play

I don't know what software you are using to drive the CNC. On Mach 3/Mach 4 you can change the feedrate while the G-code is running. I would think that would also be the case with other cnc controller software but I don't have any experience with them.
  11. S

Want to learn about CNC machines

I'm in North Raleigh and have a full 4 x 8 CNC that I've used for years. Happy to show you/tech you. I use it extensively. Steve
  12. S

Neighbor needing help

Why not install a dehumidifier in the crawl space? I have a sealed crawl space that had high humidity. The humidifier is set to run until the humidity is 55%. Works great.
  13. S

Festool CT Cyclone Pre-Separator

I have one and have used it for over a year. I haven't noticed a loss of suction but maybe I don't pay close enough attention. I really like it as I routinely suck up things I don't mean to. It is easy to open the lid and pick the item out. It's just sitting on top of all of the dust. It...
  14. S

CNC Router Service for Boat Kit

How many sheets of plywood does the kit take? More than likely the designer will be selling you a dxf file that will need to be programmed to run on a cnc. The time laying out and programming the sheets is usually equal to the time it takes to cut the sheet. If the parts are complex or have...
  15. S

Anyone need a large vacuum pump?

Build yourself a 3phase converter with an idler motor. I run my 15 hp vacuum pump off of one and it works great. You can build the converter cheaper than a new vacuum pump.
  16. S

Veneer Problem

I am in North Raleigh and have a vacuum system and bag and would be happy to help you. What is the size of the project you are trying to veneer? My shop is large and I can open it up so it's very very well ventilated. Steve
  17. S

2" Pine slab needed

I'm in North Raleigh and have a large bandsaw that will resaw. Will that work?
  18. S

More CNC work in Raleigh Durham area

I may be able to help you. The pdf file will need to be converted into vectors that can be used to generate a cut file. You can import some .pdf files easily but sometimes the file won’t import then you will have to redraw the parts by hand. Are the plans you have a reprint from a magazine or...
  19. S

Need CNC Router Assistance

PM sent

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS