More CNC work in Raleigh Durham area

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
I am about to begin a boat build in the near future and I need some CNC help. What I want to do is plug in my image of the ribs to the boat below(its in pdf format on a disc). I would like to use the CNC to cut out the shapes of the ribs so I can lay them down on a laminated stack of spruce and shape them accurately. The ribs are the members that the planking is screwed on to.

stuck-tacks-5-300x225.jpg

SJWiehe

Steve
Corporate Member
I may be able to help you. The pdf file will need to be converted into vectors that can be used to generate a cut file. You can import some .pdf files easily but sometimes the file won’t import then you will have to redraw the parts by hand. Are the plans you have a reprint from a magazine or are they plans from the designer of the boat? Reprints usually mean you will have to redraw the parts which takes time. Cutting the parts out on the CNC is usually the quickest and easiest part of the project. PM me your phone number and we can talk live about what you have.

Steve

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I'd like to follow this as a WIP project. I saw the boat pictures and these are the ribs forming the frame?

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS