Want to learn about CNC machines

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Does anyone (more than one person would be welcome) in RTP have a CNC machine that can demonstrate how it works and explain how they chose the model they have? Basically no one at Klingspor has a background in CNC and I want to learn what I can.

JNCarr

Joe
Corporate Member
I'm in the area and would be happy to go over the fundamentals.
Am actually cutting some parts for a new commission over the next few days.
PM me and we can set up a time.

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
If you want to come to Lexington, I can show you the capabilities of running sheet goods, 2D planar parts, V-carve and full 3D machining. I also have a CNC lathe you see operate. CAD and CAM? have those too.

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
Does anyone (more than one person would be welcome) in RTP have a CNC machine that can demonstrate how it works and explain how they chose the model they have? Basically no one at Klingspor has a background in CNC and I want to learn what I can.
I can answer how I choose my model. First I came up with my budget. Then I looked around for what fit that budget. I came across ShopBot and liked that they were local, and I even spent a few hours touring there facility in Durham. At the time their forum was phenomenal, to me better than anyone else's forums. And ShopBot gives great support for used machines. I also wanted a full size 4'x8' machine so I wouldn't be limited by size. I found a used machine within my budget (and only a 12 hour drive to Atlanta... between traffic and a vehicle malfunction the trip too much longer than it should have) and haven't regretted my purchase since. And very glade I went full size, there have been many projects I couldn't have done with a smaller machine without a lot more hassles.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS