Search results

1. arcwick08

Basement Floor Framing

We're planning to convert our poured concrete basement to living space. There is some moisture, though never to the level of having standing water. We'd like to turn the space into finished living space (eventually, walls are a seperate topic) I've finished a couple basements in the past with...
  2. arcwick08

Termites?

We're looking at a house here in WNC and found a small termite shoot in one area of the basement ceiling, against the outer foundation wall during the inspection. No other signs that we could see. I've never dealt with termites before - how hard are they to get rid of? Do exterminators have...
  3. arcwick08

Vacuum Chuck Build (Video)

My vacuum system and chuck build from the last few weeks. I'll put up a demo video a little later. Questions welcome. Enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVpdCK3PoTE
  4. arcwick08

Jet 1642 Gloat (I'm not sorry)

Well, I picked up my shiny new Jet 1642 (1.5HP) from Klingspor's Shop outside of Asheville last night! The crew was outstanding and Coleman was a champ making the deal work out. The team loaded it on the back of my truck and off we go! I assembled it all byyy my selffff. I had to unpack it in...
  5. arcwick08

Major Bandsaw Upgrade

A couple things before we get to the fun stuff: The following worked for me and I was comfortable with the procedures. *I am in no way responsible if you do something outlined in this article and hurt yourself or your property in any way. * Please understand the power of the motors we're...
  6. arcwick08

Jet and Powermatic 10-15% off

For anybody unaware, Woodcraft is running 10% of all Powermatic and 15% off all Jet this weekend. I'm going to pull the trigger on a Jet 16-42 lathe! woohoo! Though I'm looking for opinions on motor size. I'm leaning toward the 2HP just because I don't think I'd ever be sad about having MORE...
  7. arcwick08

Pump for Vacuum Chuck

I searched pretty thoroughly for this and couldn't find another thread soo... Looking for input on a pump to use with a Vacuum chucking system. I'd rather not use one of the voodoo venturi compressed air do jobbers. The options I see are as follows - looking for any advice... Pay craft...
  8. arcwick08

Dirty power, VFDs

I don't know about the rest of NC, but Western (Asheville area) seems to have some seriously dirty power. I've spoken to a couple local electricians who've described it as such. In personal experience, I've been through two midi-lathe VFD units as the result of whatever hokey power is pumped...
  9. arcwick08

Wood ID?

Picked this blank up, labeled "QM". Not quite sure what species it is - any thoughts?
  10. arcwick08

Free Grizzly Lathes! (Sort of)

Apparently Grizzly is giving away a number of lathes this morning (Jan 3rd) :-p
  11. arcwick08

Greetings from the strange land of Asheville

Hey team! I've relied on NCWW for a while for info, finally got around to creating an account. I live just outside of Asheville over here in Western NC. I'm an avid turner and small-useless-furniture maker. Not sure if there are rules against outside links, but I've got a small cross section of...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS