P1010031.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 209
  • P1010032.jpg
    P1010032.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 206

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
oh man! YOU SUCK LARGE!!! i need one of those. but only for a day or two. ya doin any side work?:rolf: be carefull. those things can be dangerous.

fred p

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Ain't that cute ;-) Is that a custom roll cage I see. I don't recall any Bobcat model with that style of ROPS.

Dave:)

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
You Da Man!! now all you need is a welder to rig you up some forks!! The problem with those little bobcats like that is that they are so much fun that its hard to get any work done:rolf::rolf:

Go

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Ain't that cute ;-) Is that a custom roll cage I see. I don't recall any Bobcat model with that style of ROPS
With no bracing shown, I don't think it is much more than a laundry rack, where you can hang a wet shirt to dry. ROPS is specific to each machine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mark Anderson

New User
Mark
looks kinda dirty and poorly maintained. if ya park it at my house for a week or two i'll hit the greas fittings and preasure wash it for ya :eusa_pray

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I remember when I bought my first backhoe. Everyone in the neighborhood had 'just 15 minutes' work for me to do. I never went to those jobs that didn't wind up being a 1/2 day ordeal. Good luck with it. It should give you lots of service if you service it back!

Dusty Sawyer

New User
David
HRH (Her Royal Highness) just gives me the "Yeah right, like I'd let you" look whenever I see an ad for one of these, along with ads for old pickup trucks. "But really hun, that bobcat is such a good deal; I could do everything we need to do and still sell it for more".

Good luck with your new toy.

J

jeff...

Had a lot of fun playing with the little bobcat today. Someone put an extra weight on the back and it has an over sized bucket it'll pop a wheelie with nothing in the bucket in a heart beat. Gotta really ease into forward. It also has variable speed and what looks to be an over sized pully on the drive belt, it moves around pretty quick on it's highest speed. I pumped up the tires put a new fuel filter on it and charged the battery.

Then I did 2 side jobs in my back yard, one was to fill in some ruts where I got stuck last winter (they were big ruts :roll:), the other was cleaning up where I had my mill. The thing is pretty loud, a lot louder than my saw mill, I wonder if people will complain about the bobcat too? Anyways I want to do a few more things around the house like put some more gravel in the driveway and load up an old 318 motor, transmission and rear end to the junk yard from where my son is rebuilding a 73 Plymouth. I think my LOL has a few things in mind too. So suspect it'll hang around the house a little while longer with the bucket before I put a set of forks on it and take it out to the log yard and put it to work cutting lumber.

I'm not planning on [strike]tearing up[/strike] doing any side jobs in anyones yard but my own.

Thanks

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
How big of a log or stack will that thing lift?

My local tree service guy has a Bobcat and it won't do too big. We were hoping when fitted with forks that it would handle a 1000 bft kiln charge so we would only have to manually stack once- to air dry, then use the Bobcat to lift and put the entire stack in the kiln, then to the shed. But it looks like it won't handle a stack that big, at least of white oak or other damp-wet hard wood. Maybe we could do the stack in two lifts.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Cool Tool Jeff :icon_thum
I'd loved to run that thing around my yard digging up moles :lol:

Roger

J

jeff...

How big of a log or stack will that thing lift?

My local tree service guy has a Bobcat and it won't do too big. We were hoping when fitted with forks that it would handle a 1000 bft kiln charge so we would only have to manually stack once- to air dry, then use the Bobcat to lift and put the entire stack in the kiln, then to the shed. But it looks like it won't handle a stack that big, at least of white oak or other damp-wet hard wood. Maybe we could do the stack in two lifts.

Alan, honestly 1000 BF of fresh cut green WO weights approx 5200 LBS, that's a lot of weight for even a big forklift.

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Looks like you and Carl made a deal. Congrats Jeff. Enjoy the new [STRIKE]toy [/STRIKE] tool.

J

jeff...

Thanks Splinter, Carl and his Wife seemed like a right nice folks. She told me she wants those three magnolia trees down in the front. When she takes em down, think you could arrange to for me to get the logs?

BTW - I turned around in your driveway - my son thought I was gonna take out your mail box across the street but I missed it :-D It's a little close to the road ain't it?

Thanks again

J

jeff...

Dolan please let Carl know I put his little Bobcat to work in the log yard. I still got the bucket on it but have located a set of fork and am looking for someone to fashion / weld up brackets for the forks. I replace the old alternator with a rebuilt 1976 chevy alternator and rewired it to bypass all that old voltage regulator stuff. I also replaced the battery, the fuel filter and adjusted the carb. When I change the oil I plan on installing a reto fit kit so I can run a regular off the shelf oil filter.

After I got the carb adjusted and with that muffler he has on it, it sounds a lot like a John Deere tractor. Also let him know it was a good idea to that he welded that hook on the bucket, that and a chain moves around some right nice sized logs. The bucket works for now till I can get a set of forks on it. I'm not sure why he installed those extension blocks on the frame to stop the bucket from not coming all the way down, but those will be coming off when the forks are installed. I really appreciate that he put the extra counter weight plate in the back, it helps a lot with lifting heavy logs although when there is no weight on the front the front wheels like to come off the ground if your too quick on the sticks.

Thanks

J

jeff...

Spend all day making up a custom frame for a set of forks for the bobcat. Ted picked up a nice set of forks and a bunch of scrap heavy guage steel. With a torch, grinder, stick welder and a bunch of tools we went to town. Ted called on a friend of his named BB who is perhaps the best welder I've ever seen work to do the welding. Several hours later the bucket is off and a custom removable frame is attached to the front of the bobcat. Then a few hours later the forks were hanging from the frame we just made up. Then BB really went to work welding the frame which he tacked welded together. Some time afterwards I took the bobcat out in the log yard and moved a log from here to there just to try it out. Needless to say it worked with no issues. Instead of coming home covered in sawdust, this time I came home good and dirty black and feeling like a whipped pup. But you don't hear me complaining one bit, now I have a bobcat with a nice bucket and a set of heavy duty forks :-D. Time to start kicking out some lumber.

Thanks

Mtnman

New User
Talley Pollard
Now that is really COOL!
I am very envious, and wondering how in the world you convinced the wife that was a 'Woodworking Tool"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS