What an Awesome Jigsaw!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Well. I have been in the market for a jigsaw upgrade for a very long while. I have been using this Craftsman "Auto Scroller" for about 15 years and I must admit that it has worked for me in the past, considering I wasn't to particular about precision back then. :wrolleyes:Once I dialed in the sweetspot on the VS trigger, it wouldn't bounce too bad!:wmad:

Craftsman.JPG

Well. Times have changed. I have been doing a lot of research lately and after reading Tom Hintz’ review, I decided to leap. (Thanks Tom for your excellent, detailed review.) I decided on the Bosch 1591 barrel grip and I must say that I am astonished as to how sweet this saw is!!! Everything that I have read (easy blade changes, comfort of the barrel grip, smoothness of cut, practically vibration free etc. etc.) holds very true to form. I am very certain that this is one tool that will last me a very, very long time.

Bosch_1591EVS.JPG

Although the pricepoint is a little more than the old Craftsman, the two saws are a universe apart!

I would recommend the Bosch 1590/1591 to anyone without hesitation.

Another impressed Bosch 1591 owner!

Wayne

CaptainCowie

New User
Marcus
I have the 1590 and I have nothing but great things to say about it. It has done everything I have asked of it and done it well!

christopheralan

New User
Christopheralan
If you like that Bosch, you gotta get the Power Box jobsite radio/CD player/4-way GFCI/Aux input/charger with a rollcage.

Grunt, grunt (Tim Allen style) :icon_thum

I have heard nothing but good things about Bosch.

Suckage to you!

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Oh, you had the Crafstman Riding Jigsaw...... It works much smoother if you sit on it :p

I have the precursor Bosch 1587 with the top handle, can't ask for more from a tool.

For those who wonder, I do wish I'd gone for the barrel grip instead.

Jim

M

McRabbet

Wayne, I had (actually still have) the same Craftsman Scroller Jigsaw and used it for many years -- the lock for the scroll mechanism broke several years ago and I epoxyed it back together 'cause I couldn't get parts for it. But I bought a Bosch 1590 EVS last year and must saw that it is a superb saw. I have fairly short fingers so I went for the top handle model and really like it.

stoneskippers

New User
John Skipper
I've owned craftsman, Dewalt and a few other jigsaws and have to say the Bosch 1590 EVS is the best I have every owned.

clowman

Clay Lowman
I have a craftsman as well. I use it when I ***have** to. I really try to avoid using it. I tell my wife, "Time to go bull riding". That thing jumps and bucks about like one. She knows I'm going to use the jigsaw. I've had my eye on the bosch for a while now. One day, I'll get it.

DaveD

New User
Dave
IMHO, Bosch is the way to go. Probably 10 years ago I saw a demo by the Bosch sales rep on what their jig saw could do. Was really impressed (and I had the top of the line Craftsman POS at the time)

I have 3 of the Bosch saws. One of them is an inline saw that I don't think they make anymore. I also have just about every kind of blade they sell. Have more in blades than in one of the saws.

Steve W

New User
Steve
I've got that same Craftsman saw and 100% agree about the bull riding aspect.:chatterbox:

You guys are making it hard for me to continue suffering with it.

Oh, and you suck...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS