Veritas® Small Plow Plane

Status
Not open for further replies.

flatheadfisher

New User
Michael
Does anybody have one of these Veritas® Small Plow Plane? I have been thinking about getting one but just can't hit the button. The reviews have been good but I sure would like to see one first hand. Any comments would be appreciated.

05p5101s3.jpg

nelsone

New User
Ed
No, but I REALLY want one!

If you get one and decide you don't like it after all, I'd be willing to take it off your hands!:wink_smil

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Ditto Ed's comments! It looks to be a very nice plane and as you said, the reviews have been good. My only concern would be would you use it enough, but there again, I have no room to talk......

flatheadfisher

New User
Michael
I am trying to decide between that and getting a router table and doing it that way. I know a router table would be much more versatile and faster. But, I really enjoy using the hand tools when I can. I gotta make 18 frame & panel doors soon...

sediener

New User
Steve
I am trying to decide between that and getting a router table and doing it that way. I know a router table would be much more versatile and faster. But, I really enjoy using the hand tools when I can. I gotta make 18 frame & panel doors soon...

18 doors, yikes... you're going to have 20" arms by the time you finish all of the grooves. (and probably be wishing that you got the router table)

I'd like to get one of these but I would use it more for "fine" (or as close to fine as I can get) work than production. I'd say pick up a router table for the big job and then realize that you aren't getting the precision you want and need to get the plow plane to "clean up the grooves".

:gar-Bi:gar-Bi:gar-Bi

- Steve

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
18 doors, yikes... you're going to have 20" arms by the time you finish all of the grooves. (and probably be wishing that you got the router table)
Yup. So get the plane instead. After 6 doors, decide you're so tired you need a router table. Now you have both! :tool:

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Yup. So get the plane instead. After 6 doors, decide you're so tired you need a router table. Now you have both! :tool:

That sounds like logic I would use!!

Seriously, if you have a router already, making a home made router table is really a simple thing. Plus, you can keep an eye on the classifieds here and Craigslist.org until you see your dream router table for sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS