Travis' email

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
It was interesting to read the email about the donors and ticket/calendar purchasers. Many of the names you would expect to see on that list were there. However, there were names that I would have expected to see that weren't there, and then again, some I would never have expected to be there that were. I think it was Art Linkletter, who some of us remember, that said "People are funny". We must remember that everyone's economic situation is different and we shouldn't make judgements on their motives/intentions.

Although this list is very confidential, the BoD is entitled to see it. Thanks for sharing it.

Last edited:

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
So, anyone figure out who Thomas Moser is? I didn't. It is Leftytom. Every fundraiser, calendar thing, whatever, you see contributions. He posts pretty regularly, but isn't real "outspoken".

Newwoodworker (Tom Hintz) makes donations when he sells tools.

I would also suggest looking at the frequency/regularity which I neglected to do. I think consistency counts.

So, who surprised you being on the list, and who surprised you not being on the list?

Skeeter was my biggest.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
So, anyone figure out who Thomas Moser is? I didn't. It is Leftytom. Every fundraiser, calendar thing, whatever, you see contributions. He posts pretty regularly, but isn't real "outspoken".

Newwoodworker (Tom Hintz) makes donations when he sells tools.

I would also suggest looking at the frequency/regularity which I neglected to do. I think consistency counts.

So, who surprised you being on the list, and who surprised you not being on the list?

Skeeter was my biggest.
I was not surprised to see Allan in Washington not on the list. He uses the site every chance he gets to get his ego stroked but I really didn't expect to see his name. I wonder if he has ever donated. If he has, I'll retract my statement. I agree Travis, the frequency/regularity is important. Is that info in a form that you could share with us without much effort on your part.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Yes there are names that do not surprise me on the list or not being on the list. If just goes to show you that you can't really judge folks.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I was not surprised to see Allan in Washington not on the list. He uses the site every chance he gets to get his ego stroked but I really didn't expect to see his name. I wonder if he has ever donated. If he has, I'll retract my statement. I agree Travis, the frequency/regularity is important. Is that info in a form that you could share with us without much effort on your part.

Yes, I will modify it and send it tonight if I get a chance.

Alan bought raffle tickets, but no contributions that I have seen. He has helped others on the site, but you are right, he does have an ego.

I got a PM from Charles Gore today asking to update his email address in Quickbooks/Paypal and for some help changing it in his user profile. Being that he has been very good to us, Tracy jumped in and changed his address for him in his profile.

To me, little things count, and that is something little we can and should do.

Kudos to Tracy:icon_thum

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
This will sound weird, but I thought I would see my name on the list. I "meant" to make a donation prior to the end of the drive but evidently I forgot:swoon::embarrassed:. I had the money withdrawn in the checkbook and did not follow through with the most important step:wconfused::wconfused:. That step was to send the PayPal part to Travis:BangHead::BangHead:. I will get that done this week. Sorry guys, evidently I am aging in memory faster than I am aging in other ways:confused_:confused_. I was also very surprised to see that Woodwrangler was not on the list but he did contribute a LOT of time and skill to the calendar and declined his prize for winning a spot in the calendar. See y'all Friday for lunch:icon_cheers:icon_cheers.

M

McRabbet

This will sound weird, but I thought I would see my name on the list. I "meant" to make a donation prior to the end of the drive but evidently I forgot:swoon::embarrassed:. I had the money withdrawn in the checkbook and did not follow through with the most important step:wconfused::wconfused:. That step was to send the PayPal part to Travis:BangHead::BangHead:. I will get that done this week. Sorry guys, evidently I am aging in memory faster than I am aging in other ways:confused_:confused_. I was also very surprised to see that Woodwrangler was not on the list but he did contribute a LOT of time and skill to the calendar and declined his prize for winning a spot in the calendar. See y'all Friday for lunch:icon_cheers:icon_cheers.

IIRC, Travis had said in an earlier post or email that he did/would not include the Board members in the list. Just so you are aware Tracy, I'm sure that we are all on the list -- I personally gave what I planned to purchase as Raffle Tickets and try to give every quarter. Do not feel obligated to give unless you want to and you certainly should not feel sorry -- You do lots for us as it is!!

And Woodwrangler is on the list I received (Jeremy Williams), but I too would have anticipaed a little more of a donation from him, but was happy to see he bought Raffle tickets. We need to realize that some will give freely as a donation and others need the chance to win a prize in return -- it is why the raffle process is such a winner! We are fortunate to have many generous members. Overall, we have done very well.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
"IIRC, Travis had said in an earlier post or email that he did/would not include the Board members in the list."

I must jave missed that post.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
"IIRC, Travis had said in an earlier post or email that he did/would not include the Board members in the list."

I must jave missed that post.

Yes, you missed that post as I specifically said none of the board members would be included/listed.......

If you noticed, I was not on the list, nor was Rob, Doug, Scott S, Stuart, Scott M, etc.

As Rob said, you give a lot already, and fiscally, have given a lot in the past. Don't worry about it.

BTW, I see I had an error in the numbers due to Quickbooks and its debits and credits. I will resend a corrected copy tomorrow that also includes how many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS