Thoughts on conference call

Status
Not open for further replies.

b4man

New User
Barbara
Because if I don't do it now, I'll forget half what my notes mean:wwink:

Please note that these are my thoughts based on the conversation tonight. I'm expressing this only for consideration by Tracy as my direct "Boss" and for the BoD's if they choose to use any part in their own business.
I'm not expecting any reply or discussion.

My thoughts on the OT Forum. Make a " Community Forum" This could replace the User Announcement and OT. All the rules for both forums would apply. A place for personal discussions not involving woodworking or where the topic doesn't fit other places.

Create strict posting rules with clear results of violation. My number ONE priority:wink_smil

A new list of all current Moderators.
A joint effort by the Mod's to distribute Forum assignments.
Establish Moderator levels.

A method for BoD members to convey concerns with post to Mod's without having to have direct involvement.

A "Tree" beginning at the top of the Hierarchy of our organization. This would be helpful for current and future staff members to know who's who and who does what.

Financial reports summarized in the Presidential address and offered individually per member request.

cskipper

Cathy
Barbara, just a suggestion - if you don't want a response, I'd suggest closing the thread as soon as you posted it. Otherwise someonr is bound to reply.

One area for the mod's discussion is what to do with the weird posts we see at a time when no other mod's or admin's are on-line *and are unlikely to be due to the time of day). A good example was Jeff's post titled "Death Row" which was about his wife's inability to keep plants alive. The title was a dare, and the thread completely unrelated to woodworking or the type of family notices we discussed yesterday evening. I read some other posts and went back and Jeff had deleted it. If he hadn't I was going to send him a pm re: the post, or at least the title of the thread. It didn't overtly violate any policy other than being unrelated to woodworking,, but seemed to be just testing his boundaries.

I like the idea of creating hard-line definitions of posts/threads which would cause definite action by staff. Unfortunately there still needs to be some individual consideration unless a post/thread is just horrendously out of bounds. I think that we may only be able to give examples of problematic posts/threads, but I don't want us to paint ourselves into an corner.

All good topics for the moderator phone call.

Last edited:

b4man

New User
Barbara
I didn't mean to imply I didn't want any responses, only that I didn't expect any:embaresse

Sometimes when I see that " Lock" on a thread it feels like a door slamming on the topic. I do agree with your reasoning.:eusa_thin

Sorry I mislead ya'll.

Barbara

cskipper

Cathy
You didn't mislead - I just need to tell my fingers to not respond when I am barely awake :embaresse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS