Table Saw - Decided Once, Decided Twice, Disgusted Too The Point of Insanity

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Re: Table Saw - Decided Once, Decided Twice, Disgusted Again

So, it seems Griz is set up for JIT inventory now, huh? Well, not quite just in time.

Whatcha gonna do now? :eusa_thin

This has turned into an interesting thread. Thought it was just me that had all the luck. :gar-Bi

I think the karma is suggesting a new SS cab saw!

Chuck

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Re: Table Saw - Decided Once, Decided Twice...

WOW!!!! That is pretty bad..... Wonder what is up with Grizzly.... Maybe they have cut back on inventory or something....
Don't know whether this applies, but I've seen a number of posts on SMC where the delivery date was actually much better than stated in the "we're out of stock" e-mail. But yeah, looks like Grizzly either underestimated demand or is having supply chain problems.

Guy in Paradise

New User
Guy Belleman
Difficult waiting

When the decision is made it is difficult to find out the rug has been pulled out. I would probably wait for the 0690, which I did last June, but not very long, only a couple of weeks. That 1023SLW for $400 less sure seems like a good deal right now. Yet another decision. I would probably call Grizzly instead communicating via online messages, might be able to work something out.

tommyt654

New User
tommyt654

I know this may be late, but did you call Home Depot,s customer care and ask if they could find a R4511 in the state somewhere that wasn,t sold yet. If so you might could get them to ship to the store closest to you and you could purchase it over the phone right then. If not see if there are any available elsewhere and maybe see if you can have it shipped direct to your home, Its heavy @ 475 # but its already packaged for freight shipping (has a steel cage around it), So it could be a easy ship other than the weight problem and at $299 it is a heck of a saw.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

McRabbet

Re: Table Saw - Decided Once, Decided Twice...

If I were you, I'd re-order the G0690 and get on the backorder list. It is obvious that htese saw sold better than they projected and with the new Catalog just coming out, pleanty of WW'ers were ready to buy and they did. The newer version of the G1023 series may possibly be running late in production so they are delayed even further (I'm guessing). A third option is the G0691.

flatheadfisher

New User
Michael

Is the Powermatic PM2000 really worth $1,200 more than the Griz machines? I mean, I haven't deer hunted in years, do I really need that rifle & scope? :gar-Bi

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis

Is the Powermatic PM2000 really worth $1,200 more than the Griz machines? I mean, I haven't deer hunted in years, do I really need that rifle & scope? :gar-Bi

If you've got an extra $1200 to burn go ahead and order the griz on backorder then spend the $1200 on the next piece of machinery you need and spend the time you're waiting for you TS to get that set up and going!

Trav

SubGuy

New User
Zach

If you've got an extra $1200 to burn go ahead and order the griz on backorder then spend the $1200 on the next piece of machinery you need and spend the time you're waiting for you tablesaw to get that set up and going!

Trav

+1

BrianGeib

New User
Brian

I recently has a good experience with Grizzly. Received my 1026SLWX, from order to delivery to my driveway, in four days. Though it's last year's model, I couldn't pass up 5hp and built in router table for $900. It's a clearance sale, and they said they had plenty of them when I placed the order two weeks ago.

flatheadfisher

New User
Michael

That is a great deal on those saws. I really want the riving knife though. My wife is convinced this is an omen and that I should get the SawStop she wants me to get. I told her I'd do it - if she'd pay the difference...

Ain't happening...:nah::nah::nah::nah:

Jon

New User
Jon Todd

Have you considered the Jet deluxe exacta saw. It has a riving knife

flatheadfisher

New User
Michael
Re: Table Saw - Decided Once, Decided Twice, Disgusted Again - Finally A Finish

I did consider the Jet and I almost bought one. Then, the domestic unit kept urging me to get a SawStop. I just didn't want to spend that much money on a saw.

I got decided to be patient and wait for the G090.

I just got an email that it is on the way! Pictures soon...

MarkE

Administrator
Mark

Is that on the way from a US warehouse, or on the way from the manufacturer (ie CHINA)?

I'm just askin'. :gar-Bi

flatheadfisher

New User
Michael
It finally arrived a few minutes ago - in a box that was beat to shreds - literally. I could see paint chipped off the top and the bottom. I refused delivery.

:kamahlitu:kamahlitu:kamahlitu:kamahlitu:kamahlitu

:gar-Cr:gar-Cr:gar-Cr:gar-Cr:gar-Cr:gar-Cr

:argue::argue::argue::argue:

:saw::saw::saw::saw:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS