Site going down for Major update

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

New User
Steve
On sat 12/24/2005 at about 1500, ncwoodworker, will be taken off line to allow for a major upgrade to our software. It is not clear how long this will take, but iit probably won't be until the next wed at the earliest and may extend to the morning of Jan 2, 2006.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Wow, that IS a major update. Dang it, I guess I'm gonna have to make something or two or three. Thanks for constantly improving the site. Dave:)

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Holy Cow!8-O ....now what coach? I better get another bottle of propane for the shop heater. Not sure what all of the improvements will be but I look forward to seeing them. Thanks for keeping everything up and running Steve.

D L

M

McRabbet

Gee, I'm going to be forced to spend time in my workshop playing with all of the toys I just know Santa's going to bring me. It'll be tough without all of the great exchanges we have.

Steve, thanks again for all you do! This is just one more example of your dedication :XXcompute to make it better!!

sapwood

New User
Roger
Grateful for the upgrade, but hey--make sure you take a holiday for you, LOYL, and the animals :eusa_naug

Sapwood

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Hmmmm:eusa_thin I wonder if these means we can all open our Christmas gifts early before the site goes down so we can report on any major tool scores.:lol:

D L

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Just how much better can this site really get!!!!!!!!!!!?????? I too will be at a loss for some source of terrific ideas and entertainment! As a previous poster eluded to .... will have to spend some time reading the manuals for the new tools we will be hopefully receiving from old St. Nick!

Thanks for all of site support. (This site is so intuitive and easy to use already!)

Thanks Again,

Wayne

SteveColes

New User
Steve
I guess, i better explain. With a little bit of luck, you will NOT even notice that there has been a change. This isn't one of those WOW changes. In fact, when I first bring the system back up, there will probably be a few things missing.

But over time, I'll have the option of providing more customizations. I've been holding off on a few, becuase this particular update provides a better way way to do those.

I decided that this upcoming week would be a good time to do this, less traffic.
I don't reeally know how long this will take, but I wanted to give myself plenty of time

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Steve - Thanks for forcing us all to take a break from NCWW for the holidays!
Maybe the chair sores on DaveO's back side will have a chance to heal! :lol: :lol:

ChrisC

New User
Christopher Cain
HEY!!!!!!

What do ya expect us to do, some woodworking or something?:lol:

Thanks for the great forum/site Steve.

cskipper

Cathy
Can't go to Okla to see my folks, can't whine to you guys, bah humbug! I'm kidding, weil actually I'm not, but neither am I complaining. Steve, I too hope you'll get to enjoy some time "off". I guess this means we may really get some of the remodeling done after all. Sure am glad we brought the lathe with us when came up from Anderson!

How will you let us know when it's back up (or is this your secret method of culling the stock?)?

I'll guess I'll be sending PM's asking for e-mail addresses in case I really get stuck on something.

SteveColes

New User
Steve
Don't worry,I'll be getting lots of time off. That's why I'm giving myself lots of time. The only thing, I've got scheduled is setting up the new computer, I bought for my wife for Christmas.

As far as knowing when the site is back up, I'll be sending a mass email. But it won't hurt to look in once in a while.

As for culling, members, yes I will. Right after I take it down, i will prune all users who haven't logged in in 90 days.

R

rickc

You're becoming a true webmaster! Just when the last upgrade settles down, you start thinking of the next. Even getting the hang of those infamous words: "Transparent to the user." :lol: Bigger and better! Have you been secretly emailing Mr. Gates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS