Shutting down my formal operation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
I have decided to shut down my formal business open to the public storefront. I will still be sawing for people as time permits and will be posting lumber packs to be sold primarily in walnut, cherry, maple and other woods on this forum.

I will also be selling individual unique slabs from time to time.

this means I will not be open on Saturdays on a regular basis and will only meet individuals by appointment.

The decision to do so wasn't taken lightly and I needed to spend more time with family and the farm.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have a particular need for lumber as I currently have 4000bf of lumber and 15-20,000bf of walnut cherry and oak..

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Kyle:

I am sorry to hear that. If it is the best choice for you then good luck. If you have any figured cherry let me know. I could use about 50-60bdf.

Doug

thrytis

New User
Eric
This is disappointing news, though i understand spending more time with the family. I'll have to keep my eye out for the lumber pack postings.

jimwill48

James
Man, Kyle I really hate hearing that. I liked having you as a source so close. But saying that I do understand the need for personal, work and family time.

I'll be giving you a ring to see if you have some stuff I need and have been putting off bugging you about.....james

sapwood

New User
Roger
Kyle,
Hope the decision allows you more time to enjoy your family and yourself :icon_thum

Just don't forget to stop by NCWWer once in while. The knowledge you have brought to the site is irreplaceable :mrgreen:

Roger

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Sorry to hear that Kyle, I never had a chance to stop by. Also never had the money to put in a respectable order. I did end up with some of your lumber in a round about way, it is the best looking wood I ever worked.

Maybe I'll have a chance to get some walnut before it is all gone.

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
I will still be sawing and selling some wood. Don't want it to sound as though I wont be doing this anymore just that my normal open every Saturday hours are done for..

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
ugh...that sux...hopefully, this will just mean I need to make an appointment, but it will be the same good service, same good prices, same awesome wood, same Kyle :)

Chris

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
Kyle I hate to hear that.Of course nothing can take the place of family.Just don't forget your family here:no:.Even though I haven't bought from you doesn't mean that I won't.I'll be getting with you about slicing up that big cherry burl and some maple burl too.

Good Luck,
Robert

cskipper

Cathy
You can never get back time you miss with ones you love. Sounds like you've thought it through. If we ever get the time and money together at the same time we'll give you a yell.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I agree with Cathy. You cannot ever get time back. I think you made the best decision based on your family. I don't mean to highjack the thread but what is the price on walnut and cherry? I am interested in some of each. Good luck to you.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Kyle, sounds like you are making the right choice. :icon_thum I only had the pleasure of meeting you once, but I really enjoyed the visit.

Good luck, Pardner, and keep in touch.

:wsmile:

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
walnut and cherry 4/4 and 5/4 are 3.75/bf .. 8/4 is 4.25..

I have air drying 8/4 and have been sawing the 4/4 and 5/4.

I will have 1500-2000 bf of 4/4 and 5/4 walnut available by september.

I will also have 500 maple, 500-1000 Oak and and 500 of cherry..

This will not be available until September.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Mike - you are always the gentleman!

Kyle - best of success to you with this change in direction.

I don't recall ever hearing anybody say "gee I wish that I would have spent more time at the office" when they get into their elder years, but I know many of person who lamented not spending more time with their family.

You're a wise fellow - in many ways.

Best regards,

Scott

nelsone

New User
Ed
Kyle, I trust this is the best direction for you! Glad to hear you'll still be around! I'll give you a call when I need some good lumber!

zimman20

New User
Rich Zimmerman
walnut and cherry 4/4 and 5/4 are 3.75/bf .. 8/4 is 4.25..

I have air drying 8/4 and have been sawing the 4/4 and 5/4.

I will have 1500-2000 bf of 4/4 and 5/4 walnut available by september.

I will also have 500 maple, 500-1000 Oak and and 500 of cherry..

This will not be available until September.

Do what you have to do to spend more quality time for you and with your family, Kyle....you can't get that time back. :cool:

Sounds like a fair arrangement, by appointment only.....you don't get out completely, but you're only in to your comfort level. Works for me. :icon_thum

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Sound good Kyle. As long as you still let us creepy woodworking types around to sniff the fresh cut lumber and ask a million questions from time to time! :rotflm:

Take care of your family first and enjoy any time you free up!

J

jeff...

Kyle, I'm sure you weighed out everything and made the right decision - Family is always first for me and trumps anything else. Kids grow up so fast - is seems to me they are babies one day and moving out the next. Of course we always have a big celebration when one moves out. Some leave on their own - others need a like kick in _ _ _. Be proud, you have been given the opportunity to be Husband and Dad - it's the greatest privilege a man could ever have. Open up "The Book" - read Ecclesiastes chapter 9 verses 9 and 10 for inspiration :)

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Hope this works out well for you! No doubt it wasn't an easy choice. Often wish I had made some changes in prioritizing time when my kids were small~
Glad you aren't washing your hands of it altogether!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS