Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Re: Roof on

Beautiful House/Shop area~! It is sure coming along nicely.

Can't wait to see the Finished Product.... And more especially your Wood Shop~!

Glennbear

Glenn
Re: New House/Shop ... Roof... Photo Update 2/9

Looking good John, thanks for sharing the progress. :wsmile:

TN Woodie

New User
John
Re: New House/Shop ... Windows... Photo Update 3/7

Well, it's been a while, but no milestones until just lately. The windows were delivered Wednesday, garage doors delivered and installed Thursday and we got the windows and exterior doors installed yesterday. It's a blessing to not have to spend 1/2 hour picking up tools to be able to go to lunch or home.
Windows_004.JPG

Windows_006.JPG

Jon

New User
Jon Todd

lookin really nice John. Whats next?

TN Woodie

New User
John

lookin really nice John. Whats next?
Get the chimneys, kitchen vent, and plumbing vents through the roof, and then get the metal (copper colored) roof installed.

Also, dealing with the inspector, regarding back fill. Then the excavator can go to work again.

TN Woodie

New User
John
Roof and Septic System Finished

Dried in at last.
Roof_111.JPG

The metal is copper colored and really glistens when the sun hits it. We are thrilled.

The septic system was a long battle between the installer, county Sanitary inspector and the building inspector. I had to get another soil scientist to the job to certify that the system could be deeper than normal so there would be no need for a pumped system. All's well that ends well.

I am putting in a PEX/manifold system for the plumbing. This is fun.
roof_010.JPG

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Being a builder all my life I've never installed a PEX manifold system. Could you please explain to the members here the advantages of it? I'd like to know.

TN Woodie

New User
John
Being a builder all my life I've never installed a PEX manifold system. Could you please explain to the members here the advantages of it? I'd like to know.

The pipe is cheap and tough as well as flexible, so considering all of this it is easy to run, just pull it like wire. Most builders are using it like copper, branching off a main line for each fixture, but that requires a lot of fittings. PEX costs about .30/foot and I will have about 600 feet in the system. The connections can be a simple crimp ring on a barbed adapter. Simple and reliable.

Better to use a manifold, like pictured, with a valve and dedicated line for each fixture. No fittings anywhere in the system except at each end of the line. If it is necessary to repair a fixture, just turn off the valve for that one, and the rest stay functional.

This is nice, but the reliability of no fittings is probably the most important. Another feature of PEX is it's elasticity. Freezing has a low likelihood of damage.

And I think it looks cool.

M

McRabbet

I wondered if the Red lines were Maker's Mark and the Blue ones just "branch"...:gar-Bi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS