Need to find a builder

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkE

Administrator
Mark
Can anyone recommend a reliable builder that does work in Willow Spring (Johnston County).

We have been having a real difficult time getting a commitment from the guy that built our house. We haven't been able to even get him on the phone for almost two weeks. We have called daily and left several messages that have not been returned.

Time to start getting estimates from other builders.

If you know of anyone that works in this area that an build us a 1.5 story, garage/shop, please post up the contact information here or send me a PM.

TIA.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
The economy is in a slump, and the guy won't return calls about getting more work? Must be nice!

T

toolferone

I have a very good friend in the business and I asked him for a recomendation. I trust his opinon very highly and here is his thoughts:

"
The man I would recommend is Billy Marshall 919-398-2395. Simply put, if I wasn't going to do it myself and had to pay someone to do it I'd gladly pay triple or wait 3 years to have Billy and Sean do my project."

MarkE

Administrator
Mark
The economy is in a slump, and the guy won't return calls about getting more work? Must be nice!

My thoughts, exactly.

I know this guy is hurting for work, and he has said he wants to do this project. I just can't pin him down on the details, and not returning calls and messages is just not a good way to do business.

He has several houses that have been for sale in this neighborhood since before we moved in last September. Nothing is selling. I know that he just finished a large building for the electrical contractor he works with. Why he won't talk with me anymore is a complete mystery to me.

MarkE

Administrator
Mark
I have a very good friend in the business and I asked him for a recomendation. I trust his opinon very highly and here is his thoughts:

"
The man I would recommend is Billy Marshall 919-398-2395. Simply put, if I wasn't going to do it myself and had to pay someone to do it I'd gladly pay triple or wait 3 years to have Billy and Sean do my project."

Thanks for the info. I will give this guy a call.

DaveD

New User
Dave
As far as the guy that won't call back...If you do end up hiring him be sure you understand lien rights and how to protect yourself. Don't pay him for anything till that part (you are paying for) is done. No advancing on materials. Don't pay anything till you get unconditional lien releases from him and his suppliers for the part done/materials supplied. Its his responsibility to get the lien releases from his suppliers and should be a normal course of business for legitimate contractors.

If he (or anyone you hire) doesn't pay their suppliers for the material they used on your job, the supplier can put a lien on your property and make YOU pay.

MarkE

Administrator
Mark
Thank you all for your help and advice.

We were finally able to get in touch with our builder. With out discussing any of his personal information, I will say that he gave us what we consider to be a very good reason for his lack of communications.

As it turns out, we have decided to wait until at least the end of the month to get this project started, due to some other considerations. If everything works out according to plan, we should have the garage/shop built by the end of June.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS