Is there a way to not have off topic threads appear on the home or new post pages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cskipper

Cathy
Is there a way to block the topics in the Off Topic thread from appearing in the listing of posts? The only way to see what discussions are in that forum would be by clicking on that forum. Their appearance in the normal stream of posts are distracting, and if you don't glance over to see the forum you could think that anything goes.

We stated that you have to opt into that forum, but the thread titles are visible on the home/new post page (or is that because I probably opted in by clicking on a post without checking the forum). Does that make sense, and is it possible?

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Re: Is there a way to not have off topic threads appear on the home or new post pages

Hey Cathy!
I thought OT posts didn't appear unless you opted in. Like Corporate posts if you aren't a corporate member.
Now you got me curious. if I sign out and appear as a guest.... hmm

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Re: Is there a way to not have off topic threads appear on the home or new post pages

The off topic forum is an "opt out" forum, not opt in. I am not sure of a way to hide them from home and new posts.

cskipper

Cathy

Could be. I'm signed in as me. If they don't appear to everyone I guess it's not increasing the risk of offending vendors/sponsors.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member

The off topic forum is an "opt out" forum, not opt in. I am not sure of a way to hide them from home and new posts.
Correct. We discussed the various options a while back, and the best compromise was to let people opt out if they weren't interested in seeing the Off Topic discussions. An opt in forum has an obvious problem - how do people know of it to begin with?

Guests do not see Off Topic postings. You have to be registered and logged in to see it. Otherwise, you won't see the OT Forum on the Forums page, and you won't see any OT posts on the home page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS