I need a piece of Lexan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Anybody on the site have any scrap pieces of 3/8" thick lexan that they could part with.I need a piece 12" by 12" for a router plate and do not want to buy a whole sheet.I could get away with 11 by 11 but no smaller.Nothing is open anyway and it's holding up a project start.PM me if you can help me out.
Greg

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
I know Lowes carries plexiglass in various precut sizes Not sure if it is Lexan or a different type but I have bought pieces for some bird feeders i have built the misses.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have a piece that is 7/16 thick by 12 by 12. I could put it in the mail on monday. PM your address if you want this. Cost is nothing

phil

Truefire

New User
Chris
Greg you may want to contact Dean Mayorano. He typically has all sorts of materials of such on hand. Give him a shout simply by clicking on his name here.

Take Care, Chris

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Polycarbonate (Lexan is GE's brand name) is flexible. This is why it doesn't break easily. It would tend to sag under the weight of a router. Acirlyc (Plexiglass) is a better choice. But phenolic would be even better. You might also consider some Corian.

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Bruce,
for what I'm using it for I need to be able to see through it.I have corian and carbon fiber plates in my router table but this is to support a free hand cut with a 2.5 hp router.I have a habit of saying lexan like I used to say xerox about making a copy of something.
Greg

Dragon

New User
David
Bruce,
for what I'm using it for I need to be able to see through it.I have corian and carbon fiber plates in my router table but this is to support a free hand cut with a 2.5 hp router.I have a habit of saying lexan like I used to say xerox about making a copy of something.
Greg

You need to PM Mr. Scott on the Enterprise. Seems like I recall him making some "transparent aluminum" once for transporting some whales through time...........:widea::dontknow:
I know what you mean about trade names becoming common usage. Kinda like "Coke" meaning any form of cola.

JohnDistai

New User
John
Go to Slowe's or Home Depot and check in the glass cutting area for a scrap. If you see one that would work, ask them what they'd take for it. You can negotiate at that point, and hopefully get an exceptional deal.

Truefire

New User
Chris
As far as Phenolic material is concerned if you are interested in using this material instead. I know Dean Maiorano (May O' rono) has that stuff on hand.

As a matter of fact i believe he has a large amount of it on sale if i am not mistaken. My buddy, just bought some from him just about a week ago.

Give him a shout out and tell him Chris from Eastern NC sent you.

Take care guys, Chris

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Chris,
Thanx for the info,I believe I might be all set on the lexan/plexiglas.A couple of local guys had replied and I hope to meet up with them this week.But on the flip,I need some phenolic for another router plate so I can mount a different brand of router in my router table.Does he deal in bulk sheets or does he have smaller sizes available.Will talk to you soon,
Greg

Truefire

New User
Chris
Greg not sure as to the sizes of phenolic material he might have on hand, it just so happens my buddy got narrow strips of it, to supply his immediate needs.

Not sure about the large square sheets and such?

Chris

Sorry i cannot help you or others further with this answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS