I am Willing to pay to have 5 Panels run through drum sander>

Status
Not open for further replies.

williewoodworker

New User
Bill
I am making my daughter a cherry chest and I need 5 glued up panels run through a drum sander.
These are 18 inchs wide made of kiln dried cherry and are a bit too much for me to sand down with an orbital sander.
I am new to the area and don't know where I can go to get this type of service, so I called Woodcraft Supply in Raleigh and the man there suggested this website so I joined today.
I live in the Louisburg area about 25 miles from Wake Forest.
Can anybody out there help me?
I am willing to pay for the service.
Thanks.

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
Sorry I can't help out on the sanding:nah:.If you were closer to Charlotte/Gastonia area I could put you in touch with someone that could.But I do want to welcome you to the site:icon_thum.This site ROCKS:icon_cheers.Hang in there someone will be glad to help out.There are ALOT of members in your area.Oh ya make sure to post pictures "we love pic's here".And go by the intro forum and tell us about yourself.

Makinsawdust

New User
Robert
Bill,
If you were close to Charlotte I'd do them for you. I'd suggest using a wide belt sander rather than a drum sander if you can. The drum sanders leave long, linear scratch lines that require a good bit of hand sanding to remove. There's a couple of guys south of Raleigh on here that have wide belts. Maybe they will offer to run them for you.
Rob

williewoodworker

New User
Bill
Re: Thanks to FredP

What a wonderful find this website is. I needed some panels sanded and within 24 hrs of finding this website and posting my need I find FredP within 20 miles of my home and he does the job.
Hows that for gitner done?
Thanks loads Fred had a great time and we enjoyed the tomatos and cukes you wife gave me also.:eusa_clap
:eek:ccasion1

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
This site is all about that. I hope you hang around and become a regular. At the least you need to post pictures of the finished project.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
my pleasure!:icon_thum enjoyed the visit and looking forward to some pics.:gar-Bi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS