Hi - glad I found you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vorlon666

New User
Steve
Hello all,

I found this site while searching for info on something I've forgotten already, but I'm glad I did!

I've been woodworking off and on (mostly off) for the past 12 years or so (I'm 52). I recently moved into a small house in the South Charlotte area with a big detached garage that I'm turning into a workshop - putting in a dust collection system over the next couple of weeks.

Most of my woodworking tends to be making stuff for the workshop but its great therapy. I'm of the Norm Abram school - if it can't be done with a large, heavy, expensive, cranky, complicated power tool its not worth doing! :roll:

My major ambitious project for the next year (or ten...) is to build a complete set of new cabinets for my kitchen. Maybe I'll have to post my progress on this site as a way to keep me on target!

Anyway, just wanted to say "hi" and how glad I am to find such a useful and friendly site. Cheers!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Steve, I glad you found us also. Thanks for the intrduction. I look forward to your input in the forums. Please Request a Photo Album, and post some pictures of your work. I would love to see your shop and shop projects.
See you around!!
Dave:)

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Hi there Steve!

Welcome to our great woodworking site.

I too would like to see some pictures of your progress in setting shop. You will find a bunch of talented woodworkers here, always willing to share ideas in getting newbies like myself out of jams we create for ourselves while cutting and joining wood!:lol: Building your own kitchen cabinets should be very rewarding! (A lot cheaper than having them custom built by someone else as well!)

Have fun and take care!

Wayne

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Welcome to the site Steve. You will find plenty of good friendly advise on this site. I finished my second set of kitchen cabinets last year and it is rewarding when you step back and see them all on the wall/floor and they look half way decent (with all the mistakes well hidden :mrgreen: ).

skeeter

New User
Charles
Hello Steve and welcome from the coast! You hve found a friendly and helpful site.

Good luck in seting up your shop, and kitchen cabinets when you start on them. Keep us up to date with pix as you get the shop up and running.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Steve, Welcome to NCWW. I am glad you found us here. I look forward to hearing from you and seeing some pics of your shop as you set it up. It seems like getting a shop set up is a never ending project. BTW.......is that a sniper kitty in your avatar?:lol:

D L

vorlon666

New User
Steve
D L Ames said:
BTW.......is that a sniper kitty in your avatar?:lol:

D L

Yes, she likes to take birds out the easy way. The neighbor's dog stopped barking some time ago too...
:cat:

cskipper

Cathy
Welcome to the site. LOML (stoneskiippers) built our kitchen cabinets and they are terrific. I look forward to seeing pictures of your work. Enjoy the site.

clowman

Clay Lowman
Welcome to the site! We just loooove new members. Please stop in often, you'll find your time here enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS