Bowl Blanks

David Dean

David
User
I am not able to turn like I had planned, I have some bowl blanks to give away. 14 inch diameter on some. Walnut, Oak, Poplar. I also have some sycamore that is not prepped as a bowl blank.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
I am not able to turn like I had planned, I have some bowl blanks to give away. 14 inch diameter on some. Walnut, Oak, Poplar. I also have some sycamore that is not prepped as a bowl blank.
I wish I was closer.
David - I am unsure where you are, and don't know how Mike knows that he is too far away.
I usually hover my mouse over the user name and the profile pops up. Sometimes location is given there (Mike's is Walnut Cove, mine is Raleigh), but I don't see one for you.

Interested folks might want to know where you are.

If close enough, I'd certainly be interested in the walnut piece - I love walnut.

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
I wish this site would have a mandatory requirement that all members list their location along with their user name/profile. It certainly would save a lot of extra questions being asked.

rcarmac

Board of Directors, Secretary
Robert
Staff member
Corporate Member
Not sure what the secret source of info is, but ok. Not worth it to me to drive to Charlotte for a turning blank though.
Click on the persons name don’t brings it up in a screen and scroll to the bottom

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
David - is this something you need help with (the turning I mean)? It's not clear from your post.

-Mark

David Dean

David
User
Turning was my wife's passion not mine. I enjoyed the hunt of the wood tho. These large walnut blanks came free to me. A downed tree locally. When we got to the scene others wanted all the smaller pieces for fire wood. I brought home a truck load of Giant pieces. Bought an electric chain saw to help reduce the size to fit on our lathe. These blanks have been sitting on the shelf for over 10 years now. My wife said we should offer them to someone who might like them. Sycamore was a curbside grab. The oak came from a tree in my brothers yard. The poplar from my neighbor who lost his tree to a bad storm.

JRedding

John
Corporate Member
Hi David - I'm in Charlotte and could certainly use them. I love to turn and am always hunting wood. If still available, I'm happy to arrange something. Will send you a PM. Thanks, John

wndopdlr

wally
Senior User
David- Interested in the Poplar and Sycamore. I have enough walnut for quite a while (who ever says that:) I am outside Locust so can pick them up at your convenience. Please PM me if you have not given them all away.

JRedding

John
Corporate Member
Big thanks to David and his wife for the blanks. I picked up a truck full and really appreciate their willingness to donate to another turner. Thanks again, John

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS