Attention All Ncww Turners, Help Requested

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I made seven more today:eek::icon_cheers. I can't post pictures cause they are all hiding in a paper bag full of shavings:wink_smil, I am going for some Denatured Alcohol tomorrow to speed up the drying process. If anyone else needs my address to send some I will provide it in a separate PM.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Tracy, I have two for you but I can't get the picx to upload - will try again tomorrow - you will need to bore one of them - my machine isn't big enough - I tried on one with a hand held but didn't turn out that great - still usable thoe

TracyP

Tracy
Tracy, I have two for you but I can't get the picx to upload - will try again tomorrow - you will need to bore one of them - my machine isn't big enough - I tried on one with a hand held but didn't turn out that great - still usable thoe

Thank you Phillip. I went to Harbor Freight and got a drill chuck for the lathe for 6.99. I will have to say that I don't know how I got by without it. It makes drilling your turnings so much easier:icon_scra:icon_scra. Pretty good chuck for the money. One of the ww stores sells one for about $40.00. Pretty much the same chuck though.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Tracy, here is a couple for you - I had some Western Cedar (Blonde Cedar) 4x4's I hope that you can still use the one I tried to bore with a hand held - Didn't work to good as you can see - I only have a table top machine and it isn't big enough to bore these out - and I don't have what it takes to bore them out on the lathe - can you bore the other ones I make out on your BM

TracyP

Tracy
Those look nice, and I can bore the others. Thanks Phillip!!

Last edited:

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Those look nice, and I can bore tie others. Thanks Phillip!!

:rotflm: I am going to have to change my style - LOML said that they look like the top of a bed post:rotflm: - I need it to look more like a vase I guess - I made another one close to a vase and covered everything up and turn the lathe on slow and sprayed it with some black paint and then took a rag and wiped it off - I was trying to get an antique look - I will post a pix of it as soon as I can -

liftnaleg1

New User
Chris
Count me in for three or four....Are the exact sizes listed some place...I have only read the first page so i'm sure I will find it further in thread. Where do we send them to and by when? Aslo, I have figured out the idea....What size hole do you need bored in it? Ole and mine will be aout of Burl Cherry...I'm covered up in it.

Thanks
Chris

TracyP

Tracy
Count me in for three or four....Are the exact sizes listed some place...I have only read the first page so i'm sure I will find it further in thread. Where do we send them to and by when? Aslo, I have figured out the idea....What size hole do you need bored in it? Ole and mine will be aout of Burl Cherry...I'm covered up in it.

Thanks
Chris

Size and design is up to you, I have been doing a 1/2 inch hole and as deep as the individual weed pot will allow. Address coming by pm, thanks.

TracyP

Tracy
Tracy,
Did you ever get those blanks I shipped to you? I never heard back.
Rod
Actually yes I did. I have already turned one from them. I thought I had sent a pm to you:embaresse. They will work out great. Thank you for the blanks!!!!

Last edited:

TracyP

Tracy
My mother in law told me the other night that we have collected twenty one weedpots so far. Guys and girls. This is an awesome number. I am looking for quite a few more to come in the mail due to all of the posts and the PM's that I have gotten. Thank all of you so much and please, please keep them coming.

TracyP

Tracy
Twenty four and counting. Please keep them coming. I will post a pic of all them together before they are delivered. I am planning on a weed pot marathon tomorrow and Sunday. I will turn some dry, and some wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS