Attention All Ncww Turners, Help Requested

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Now that I have your attention:rotflm:. I made a weed pot last night for my friend in the VA hospital. http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/f32/veteran-friend-21077/

I did not think it was such a big deal. Well my wonderful mother in law regularly visits several nursing homes in our area. She takes the residents things from time to time and does a lot of special things for them and was so inspired be the Weed Pot, she has asked me to make 40 or so of them to take to the nursing homes. She has already bought the flowers today:eusa_doh::eusa_doh:. She liked it because it was small and would fit in most nursing home rooms. She also liked the fact that dried flowers could be exchanged frequently. I think this is a wonderful idea:widea: she had. However it would take a long time for me to make 40 or more weed pots:confused_. The object of this rambling is to see if there was any interest in helping me with the forty or more weed pots. Will you be paid for your efforts? Yes, many times over, you just can't spend your payment in a store:cool:. The payment you will receive is pure unselfish ncww gratification. If there is enough interest I will add some kind of counter to this thread, probably in the form of a poll. The weed pots will go to a couple nursing homes in Rowan and Davidson county. The weed pots can be of your own design and wood choice but should be small in size. You can send them to me and I will give them to my MIL to deliver. We could activate the ncww pony express for transfer. These elderly people are so precious and mean so much to my Mother in Law, I would love to help.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Help you got ... but I didn't know they were allowed to grow weed (in a weed pot). Must be medicinal, huh? :rotflm:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I could be in for a few depending on how soon you want them. They don't take to much time to make, I just don't have a lot of shop time.
Dave:)

TracyP

Tracy
I could be in for a few depending on how soon you want them. They don't take to much time to make, I just don't have a lot of shop time.

The beautiful thing about this is that there is no required time frame. There will always be folks in nursing homes. Make one or two, send them, MIL delivers a couple and we make some more. :gar-Bi

DaveO

New User
DaveO
The beautiful thing about this is that there is no required time frame. There will always be folks in nursing homes. Make one or two, send them, MIL delivers a couple and we make some more. :gar-Bi

That schedule will work for me very well. I have a new lathe and some new turning wood...and now a project with a purpose :icon_thum
Now if I could just finish this stereo cabinet:BangHead:

Gary K

New User
Gary
I would like to help. I am guessing 4-6" tall, 2-3" diameter, maybe a 3/4-1" hole. I don't have any solid stock that is dry, I am thinking I could glue up some turning blanks out of some contrasting boards. Let me know if I am in the ballpark, PM me a shipping address and I will try not to embarrass myself.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
if I get some time I will try to get a couple for you at the delinquent's lunch.:icon_thum I have a lot going on in the shop but I will try.:gar-Bi

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'm in for what I can do, but charity begins at home. As I have an aunt and several in-laws in homes myself, it would be a good idea on my part to do this for them first. Thanks for the suggestion.:thumbs_up

TracyP

Tracy
I would like to help. I am guessing 4-6" tall, 2-3" diameter, maybe a 3/4-1" hole. I don't have any solid stock that is dry, I am thinking I could glue up some turning blanks out of some contrasting boards. Let me know if I am in the ballpark, PM me a shipping address and I will try not to embarrass myself.

PM Sent, Thanks

TracyP

Tracy
if I get some time I will try to get a couple for you at the delinquent's lunch.:icon_thum I have a lot going on in the shop but I will try.:gar-Bi

:thumbs_up:thumbs_up, I know you will do what you can. Thanks!

TracyP

Tracy
I'm in for what I can do, but charity begins at home. As I have an aunt and several in-laws in homes myself, it would be a good idea on my part to do this for them first. Thanks for the suggestion.:thumbs_up

Dennis, I would be pleased to see what you do for family, after all family DOES come first. Glad I could help with a suggestion. If you can help in my situation, after taking care of family, it would be appreciated. Thanks for your interest.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I'll make a few and there are plenty of dead dry locust trees here if anybody needs interesting material to make some more.

bluthart

New User
Brian
Now that I have your attention:rotflm:. I made a weed pot last night for my friend in the VA hospital. http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/f32/veteran-friend-21077/

I did not think it was such a big deal. Well my wonderful mother in law regularly visits several nursing homes in our area. She takes the residents things from time to time and does a lot of special things for them and was so inspired be the Weed Pot, she has asked me to make 40 or so of them to take to the nursing homes. She has already bought the flowers today:eusa_doh::eusa_doh:. She liked it because it was small and would fit in most nursing home rooms. She also liked the fact that dried flowers could be exchanged frequently. I think this is a wonderful idea:widea: she had. However it would take a long time for me to make 40 or more weed pots:confused_. The object of this rambling is to see if there was any interest in helping me with the forty or more weed pots. Will you be paid for your efforts? Yes, many times over, you just can't spend your payment in a store:cool:. The payment you will receive is pure unselfish ncww gratification. If there is enough interest I will add some kind of counter to this thread, probably in the form of a poll. The weed pots will go to a couple nursing homes in Rowan and Davidson county. The weed pots can be of your own design and wood choice but should be small in size. You can send them to me and I will give them to my MIL to deliver. We could activate the ncww pony express for transfer. These elderly people are so precious and mean so much to my Mother in Law, I would love to help.

Please PM me a photo of what you want made. I'm not really sure what a weed pot is... except for my college memories! I would be glad to make a few over time, but I just want to make sure I know what to make. Nice idea Tracy! I still have a bunch of that maple and bradford pear left if that helps too.

:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:
Nevermind - I just saw the link... but let me know if you need any of that wood!

TracyP

Tracy
Thank you everyone. I really would like this to be successful. For the sole reason that it means so much to my mother in law. I will take any help that is offered.

taandctran

New User
Thanh Tran
If I get time I will see about making a few. And maybe making a few blanks for other's to use. I'll keep you posted on what I end up with Tracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS