YATST - yet another tiny shop post

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Some progress:

shop-progress.jpg

Still to come is a peg board cabinet on the wall; that's why almost nothing is hung. The metal working vise is just sitting on the bench, but I took it off the little one that is now stored away and mounted it on a small platform for easy clamping.

The power tools against the wall in the front haven't changed all that much:

shop-progress2.jpg

except the big barrel is gone and the top on the tablesaw is being used for more than storage and there is an old-but-new-to-me lathe on it (okay, maybe that is a pretty big change :) ). Also, I did re-orient the BS and is is much more usable and easy to clean around like that.

Not done, but it is already a much nicer place to work in. My wife's help was huge. She organized parts and small items in the little drawers. I am so glad I got those and that it worked out that I got twice as many as planned. We ordered label holders for them (as opposed to making sticky labels; that way I can change them around and can make a new label with pencil/pen and paper).

Dudelive

New User
Dude
I may be late with this tip that is rather handy when reorganizing. Most have heard of a program by microsoft called visio. It is very handy when using for these types of jobs. You make the outer walls as they are and then make items that you will have in the shop that will take up floor space. Then just start arranging as you see fit for convience.

With a little time you can make it to scale where you will know exactly what it will be like.

Even if you do it with paper and pencil, just be sure to follow a plan you and the wife have came up with before you start.

I have a very small area and that is the reason I mentioned a plan.

You have done a great job and looking good.

D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors