WTB - Yellow Board Buddies and track

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralrick

New User
Rick
Anyone selling a set of yellow board buddies and mounting track? I saw Don (Touchwood) using these in his shop and it looks like a nice safety enhancement to reduce the chance of kickback . . . .

Looking to buy from someone here on NCWW or from a retailer that might be having a sale. Let me know, thanks.

M

McRabbet

Rick,

I have a set, but I'm not selling them, because they are too useful! However, you can get them at Klingspor's Woodworking Store for under $40 (less 10% if you are discount qualified here). The 24" special track for them is another $15. I have mine mounted atop my Shop Fox Classic Fence and I use them whenever ripping stock.

wk11040.jpg

Ralrick

New User
Rick
Thanks Rob. I think I just saw another ad posted where Peachtree is having everything 25% off through today. Might try and find them there . . . .

Ralrick

New User
Rick
Hey Rob -

Since you have a set, figured I'd ask another question. Peachtree has "Board Mates" instead of "Board Buddies". Is there one brand that is better than another? Is one a knock-off of the original? Looks like they are the same price but Peachtree is having a 25% off sale.

M

McRabbet

They do carry them, but it appears they do not carry the wide aluminum track that is made for the board buddies (they do carry a mounting block made of UHMW plastic for them). I recommend you do not buy the plastic blocks, but that you buy the 24" aliminum track at the Woodworking Store. It comes with slider blocks and heavy flathead screws to mount the BB's on it. It is much more stable than a simple t-track. If you want, I can shoot some pics of mine to show you my installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS