Would a Tracksaw work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin waldron

New User
Kevin
Forgive me....... but......... why not remove every 4-5th board (or some pattern) and use a table saw after the material left moves around and re-adjust the material removed......... material left on deck will naturally fill the open gaps in both directions to some extent........your eye should not pick-up small differences in width if you vary this at some removed pattern........the important thing would be to not remove to much from any one board.

Ralrick

New User
Rick
thanks for the ideas guys. Not sure what I am going to try but probably will first try Phil's idea with the 'v-track' on the bottom of a router plate.

For those that mentioned power washing, I have done that but the space is so tight that it doesn't stay open for long. I think by cutting about a 3/16" groove I can maintain the look on the rounded edges of the deck boards, get the drainage I need, and hopefully keep straight enough lines that it still looks good.

I'll most likely do a test cut in a spot where it's not too noticeable or where I could replace the boards if it really doesn't go well. We shall see . . . . .

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS