Woodworking in America Sept. 12-14, 2014 Winston-Salem, N.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
http://www.popularwoodworking.com/article/woodworking-america-2014-save-dates

In the coming weeks (and months), we’ll have a great deal more to share about Woodworking in America 2014, but for now, know this:
[h=1]Dates: Sept. 12-14, 2014[/h][h=1]Location: Winston-Salem, N.C.[/h]The main venue is the Benton Convention Center, located in the heart of downtown Winston-Salem (read: You won’t go hungry. Or thirsty.) And we’re particularly delighted to be partnering with Old Salem and the Museum of Early Southern Decorative Arts to provide unique opportunities at both for WIA attendees.
As I mentioned, we’ll have scads of details to share in the coming weeks and months (speakers, sessions, activities, etc.) – so please stay tuned. And please make plans to join us!

Woodmolds

Tony
User
Re: Sept. 12-14, 2014 Winston-Salem, N.C.

It's good to see these types of events in NC, especially so close. MESDA & Old Salem are great treasures also.

Tony

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member

Wow, I've been wanting to attend one of those for years but Cincinnati was just too far a trip. WS is just a couple hours away.

Wonderful news.

Mark Gottesman

New User
Mark

Great, right in my backyard. As an added treat, The South Eastern Custom Knifemaker show will also be held at the Benton on the 13th and 14th.

schnable

New User
Andrew

This is great news. On my wife's birthday too! Maybe she would like a nice new plane?

Charlie Buchanan

Charlie
Corporate Member
I've wanted to go for several years but could not justify the expense. No excuse this year. Should organize a Barbecue field trip to illustrate the best use of hickory.

jazzflute

Kevin
Corporate Member
I'll be there!

Now I just have to get to work on my design for my "You know, you could do that faster with a power tool..." T-shirt!

K

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Too far to drive back and forth for all three days. Anyone want to share a room? We have to plan a NCWW dinner meet-up during this.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Wow, I didn't realize how expensive the price of admission was.....

http://www.woodworkinginamerica.com/ehome/61544/register/

I'll have to save my pennies or just check out the marketplace.

Look at it this way. A class at Woodcraft will typically cost you $75 - $125. In most cases the instructor is a store employee and while they are knowledgeable they are not the experts. A weekend class as John C. Campbell would cost you over $300 plus meals, lodging, and transportation. A one day class with Roy is $145.00. Yes it is a bitter pill to swallow but think what you could gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS