Woodworking end to a short trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
LOML and I took a short trip with friends to the Southern Pines/Pinehurst area. Wives went to quilt shops and a few antique stores although they had me in the car and really didn't need any more antiques. I guess it was "my" birthday trip?

It ended on an up-note however. We stopped for lunch at the "Drug Store" restaurant in Pittsboro on the way back to little Washington. In the corner building, right next door, in the middle of downtown was a different sort of storefront. Since the door was open I walked in and chatted up the guy who was attending to various tasks on and around 10 nice German made woodworking benches:

Interior1.jpg

Yup, Roy was there getting ready for his first class next week. He and a friend were messing with a treadle foot powered tablesaw. We had a nice half hour chat, but we had to get on the road so Roy could get some work done. Not a bad way to end a birthday!

I encouraged him to join NCWW dot net, check out sources of wood, and invited him to the spring picnic.

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
"The Woodwright's School! See this thread for more details."

I must have missed that thread, I had no idea, that's great to know. Thanks for the info Alan. Jim

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
No Kidding, Dude that would be so cool.
Talk about a nice ending to a birthday.

Happy Birthday man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS