Woodturners catalog

Status
Not open for further replies.

timf67

New User
Tim
I have. They seem okay, but shipping is slow and prices are just average. I prefer the local online vendor Packard Woodworks. Their prices are similar to woodturners catalog, but I can usually get items next day since they are so close to me.

M

McRabbet

Robert -

I have not done business with them since I am not a turner, but I suspect they are quite popular amongst your fellow darksider -- they had a vendors booth at the Greensboro Woodturners Symposium last month and did brisk sales. The company is Craft Supplies, USA and I have a copy of their catalog. Thay carry a full line of wood turning tools, supplies and accessories. Just go to www.woodturnerscatalog.com.

jimwill48

James
Great Company - I have spent way to much with them and when they have there cheap or free shipping specials, well all I can say is maw hide my wallet.......

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
I have done lots of business with them. I bought my last lathe from them. It had a bad tool rest - they replaced it with a really nice Robust tool rest with no questions asked. Never had a problem with their customer service. I find that USPS shipping is usually cheaper/quicker than UPS with them.

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
They were one of the first to focus on woodturner supplies and have always been a great supporter of AAW. Later on, one of your home boys, Brad Packard from Tryon started a mail order supply company for woodturners. His catalog has grown to be a fair competitor over the years. I usually buy from him since shipping to Roanoke is usually one or two days, but Craft Supplies is clearly the most established woodturner supply companies in the country.

sawduster

New User
Robert
Thanx for the feedback everyone :icon_thum They've got a pretty good sale ( ends today ) on gold fancy slim lines and something called a " roadster " that looks pretty intriguing, as well as some other kits

....I had to really put on the brakes to keep from over-spending ! :eusa_danc

sawduster

New User
Robert
Great Company - I have spent way to much with them and when they have there cheap or free shipping specials, well all I can say is maw hide my wallet.......

The funny thing is i found them while looking for instructions on one of the kits I bought from you :mrgreen:

Must be that Karma thing :wink_smil

Scwood

New User
BigJoe
I don't know if this is the right spot but as long as we are talking about suppliers I got to mention Bear Tooth Woods.Thier prices on kits isn't the best but keep checking them often because the have some crazy sales on their acrylic pen blanks.This week they had the cammo pattern blanks for 2.50 along with a slew of other blanks.The people there are real friendly and they ship fast.Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS