Woodslicer band saw blade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed a new Woodslicer (3/4") on my Rikon 18" bandsaw last night. The blade moves fore and aft over 3/32". It appears to have been welded slightly out of square. It cuts well but bumps the rear roller on each rotation. Should I call Highland Woodworking and ask for a replacement?

I also ordered a 1/2" blade but haven't tried it yet.

nelsone

New User
Ed
If you don't think you got what you paid for, I'd definitely call the supplier and let them make it right!

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I'd ask for a replacement. Band saw blades have quite a bit of variation to them, some just don't cut it (pun intended :)). I've been very happy with the HW customer service. They had a bad batch of 3/8" blades a while back and it took two replacements, but they came through without any hassles.

Highland is sending a new blade (I have to pay for it but they will credit my account when I return the defective one). While the woman on the phone was nice, she wasn't very knowledgeable and made it much more difficult than it should have been. This feels like the beginning of an odyssey. The good news is that they're doing something, the bad news is it could have been a lot easier.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I hope it doesn't turn into an odyssey, that can certainly ruin the fun in a hurry. I worked with one of their technicians (Ed) when I had problem with my blade, he was very knowledgeable about band saws.

It just got better! Highland called back, they have removed the charge from my credit card, are sending a return label in the box with the new blade and it will be here this week. Now that's what I call service.

We all make mistakes, it's what we do about them that defines our integrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS